PDA

View Full Version : What's a high hand and jackpot worth?

college kid
01-29-2005, 10:53 AM
Sam's Town offering a "high hand"--any aces full or quads with a pair in the hole gets a c-note. Str8 flush gets $300 and a royal gets five. Both must use both hole cards and there must be at least $20 in the pot, and you get them even if it's folded to you as long as the twenty is there, which isn't hard at a four eight game. Also the bad beat jackpot is capped until hit at 55K. What is the value of just sitting at the table aside from what I make playing, in terms of, let's say $$$ per 100 hands. Bad beat is Ace full of tens or better beaten by quads, and both cards must play for the aces full, at least one must be an ace, and it has to be your best hand. The quads must have a pair in the hole. The bad beat jackpot will also go down in increments of aces full on a weekly basis until it hits kings full of aces or better beaten by quads. Also, the room has an average of 2.5-3 full tables going 24/7

So somebody smarter than I am -- any rough estimates on the dollars per 100 hands??? I figure it's got to be some reasonable amount, like five cents or so. I have already hit a straight flush and all my buddies have aces full. We love the high hands.

Siegmund
02-01-2005, 06:55 PM
How willing are you to always play a potential jackpot hand until you are sure the jackpot is no longer possible?

*If* you see every potential jackpot winner through to the river, the return is an impressive $16 per 100 hands. I am surprised how generous of a jackpot you have... must be one hell of a rake to pay for that.

You'll be folding a lot of the gappeds and small connectors, but playing many of the pairs and most the high suited cards, so I would guesstimate the practical rate of return is around $10 or $12 per hundred.

Here's how I arrived at that figure:

Making a royal: board needs 3 specific cards + any 2 others: 1 in 1960 chance of $500 = AKs is worth $0.26.

Making other SF: board needs 3 specific cards; must NOT have one higher card + any 2 others: 1 in 2047 chance of $300 = A2s is worth about $0.15.

Combinations of the above add up to as much as 70 cents for JTs, various smaller amounts for other suited connectors.

AA: makes quads 17296 ways, plus one ace + pair or better on board 4x67860 ways (minus 4x12 way to get 3 aces + other quads on board) = 13.6% chance of winning $100 with AA!

other pockets: quads 17296 ways + exactly 3 aces on the board 4324 - 4 hands counted twice: 1.02% chance of $100

6 x $13.62 + 12 x 6 x $1.02 + all the suited combinations = $217.96 / 1326 = 16.4 cents per deal on average.