PDA

View Full Version : Political Humor

adios
01-29-2005, 03:12 AM
Kerry has never sponsored and negotiated a significant piece of legislation. Not even when he was a member of the majority party. This story came out this week.

Kerry Plugs His Health Care Plan (http://www.cnn.com/2005/ALLPOLITICS/01/27/kerry.healthcare.ap/index.html)

Kerry is pushing his own proposal, which would provide health care to all children through an expansion of the Medicaid program. The federal government would absorb states' costs for children at or below poverty level, to encourage states to expand coverage to children in families that make less than about $47,000. It would cover children up to the age of 21.

The plan, said Kerry, fulfills one of his campaign commitments because "it's a promise we not only can afford to keep, but one we cannot afford to break."

While it's a legislative longshot in a Republican-controlled Senate struggling with a budget deficit, Kerry is vowing to push for hearings in the Finance Committee and force debate by trying to attach it to any bill he can.

In a Senate where he's in the minority party, where I think it's fair to say that he's not well liked by the majority party, and when he hasn't brokered a major piece of legislation in the Senate ever I think this should be evaluated as absurd and ridiculous.

Utah
01-29-2005, 10:09 AM
I dislike Kerry with a passion. However, I really dont have a problem with him now wanting to push legislation.

There is nothing wrong with someone learning from past mistakes and then taking steps to address their weaknesses.