PDA

View Full Version : Party 6 Max 100NL has a little variance (low content)

DesertCat
01-29-2005, 01:17 AM
I started playing 6 max NL a week ago (coming from 5 months limit and about a month NL) and have done pretty well, mostly wins and the bad days weren't too bad. But that was before the freakin nightmare amusement park ride that was today.

I two table and was happy to start at two equally good (loose) tables. One guy at the first table is reraising everyone and I don't have to wait long until I get KK, raise to $6, and he puts me all in. Q high flop, Q on river make his KQo the winner.

Very quickly I'm handed a sure winner AA. And Mr. Reraise puts me all in again with Jacks, and the big stack calls $95 with 86s. The jack on the river should have beat me, but it makes a straight on the board and we split, I win 67 cents. I've been playing thirty minutes and i'm down $250 after numerous rebuys.

But I go on a nice run, doubling up against both Big Stack and Mr. Reraise. Within an hour I'm back up $300. At table one I'm actually sitting on $504 when the following three consecutive hands occur.

Mr. Big Stack is now down to $294. I get Aqd and raise to $6, he makes it $10, and I and another limper call. The flop is QQ2, no flush draw. I bet $15, limper calls, BigStack raises to $30, I rereise to $60, limper calls all in, BigStack calls. Turn is a 9, creating a spade draw. I bet $75, he reraises to $150 and I put him all in. River King completes the straight draw for his JT and wins a $631 pot.

I'm down to $209, but no worries as I'm immediately dealt QQ. EP raises to $7, I make it $13, two callers, and EP's all-in for his last $90. I reraise to isolate, and it works, so I'm able to double up his KK.

But I still have $112 left and next hand I'm in the small blind and dealt K7s. Flop comes 874, two spades, and I bet $5 into the $8 pot and get one caller. Turn is 7h, I bet $8, and am reraised to $16. I make it $40 and he calls. River is Qd, and I'm all in. His flopped straight wins the pot.

$500 to zero in three hands. Overall I'm down about $350 for the day as I dropped $100 on the other table.

So I took a break. Had dinner. Went for a walk. Came back to find the tables wilder than ever. Dropped another hundred. At minus $450 I'm very close to calling it a day when in very short order...

Dealt black aces. EP raises to $12, MP calls, I make it $28 from BB, two callers. Flop is king high, all clubs. I'm all in for my last $60, EP raises to fold MP. Turn, river two clubs. I win $209, EP had KQ, no clubs.

Other table. Dealt Jacks in BB. Constant Raiser (PF Raise 50%!) makes it $4, I make it $12, super loose EP calls. Flop K33, I bet $20, ConstantReraiser makes it $40, EP folds, I call. Turn J. ConstantReraiser bets $40, I make it $80, he calls. River 5, after very long thought, he checks. Pot is $275, I go all in with my last $18. Mr. (HyperAggressive)ConstantReraiser thinks, and thinks, and thinks, and finally, folds. Table erupts "WTF!", "You're an idiot". I tell everyone to cool it, "It was a good laydown, I had him beat.":)

I've taken a big chunk out of MrCRR, and not much later he's only ahead of me by $40 ($280 to $240) when I get AKo in the small blind. He makes it $9, I reraise to $20, BB calls, MrCRR makes it $31. Now I will be out of position so I'm not just going to call, but I also don't want to go all in. I make it $60. Both call, BB is all in. Flop is Q82 rainbow. I lead out for $60, MrCRR calls. Turn is a King. Here I got a little too excited and pushed. He folds. BB had 88, river no help.

So at the end I finished up $408 for the day, sitting with $500 on one table and $350 on the other. I have never had such a high variance day in my life. I'm writing this still drenched with sweat. I'm just glad I stuck with it after dinner, otherwise I wouldn't be sleeping at all tonight.

AncientPC
01-29-2005, 04:07 AM
Just a little.

warlockjd
01-29-2005, 04:13 AM
I take it you've never played weekends before?

This variance is normal IMO for Wed WPT, also Thurs 9pm EST thru Sun 8 am EST.