PDA

View Full Version : Stop Wanton Bumping

TomBrooks
01-28-2005, 11:29 PM
I just saw a post that was bumped 10 minutes after it was posted. I've seen bumps several hours after the last post. I've seen bumps in highly active threads that are most assuredly going to be posted to again whether someone bumped it or not.

Except in unusual circumstances, I don't think a post ought to be bumped until it is at least off the front page. Even then the bumper ought to consider why no one replied to the thread. Perhaps no one is interested in it. If the bumper thinks there is likely to be genuine interest in the thread and it is unlikely to be seen if it is not bumped, then a bump is appropriate.

Remember, bump posts in threads make the thread longer and create the need for more scrolling without adding any valuable content. I bump should not be made or taken lightly.

Short time bumping is a symptom of impatience (SOI). The bumper is often doing little more than subjecting the group to the manifestation of his malfeasance. (MOM)

I say STOP RECKLESS BUMPING.

Thank you.

TomBk

lucas9000
01-28-2005, 11:30 PM
*bump*

(sorry, it had to be done)

cnfuzzd
01-28-2005, 11:31 PM
just change your default settings to display a ton of threads on each page. Or, alternatively, get a hobby.

peace

john nickle

TomBrooks
01-28-2005, 11:34 PM
You sound like a bumper. Do you bump?

cnfuzzd
01-28-2005, 11:39 PM
ive been known to bump, from time to time. I usually prefer to bump only when i have some sort of involvement with the thread, and feel that my time and energy arent being appreciated. A good, healthy bump is a way of reaffirming your place in the world. Occasionally, i will get drunk, and my bumping standards go way down, sometimes even completely evaporating into a feel-good free-for-all where anything that attracts my attention is open for a good frenetic bump. Sometimes, i bump for reasons of pity. there is nothing worse than seeing a sad lonely thread, hanging out by itself, refusing to allow the world to see its inner beauty. I try not to feel to heroic or anything, but a bump here can do wonders for someones self-esteem. Finally, i also bump for reasons of self-enjoyment. This is the most frequent type of bump, happening multiple times in one day on some occasions.

peace

john nickle

ThaSaltCracka
01-29-2005, 12:13 AM
who are you?

Sponger15SB
01-29-2005, 12:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
who are you?

[/ QUOTE ]

dammit. I was gonna post that /images/graemlins/mad.gif

Toro
01-29-2005, 12:19 AM
You've been officially called out by TSC.

wacki
01-29-2005, 01:09 AM
http://fotofon.cathexes.net/archives/bump01.jpg

Ten7offsuit
01-29-2005, 01:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
*bump*

(sorry, it had to be done)

[/ QUOTE ]

wacki
01-29-2005, 01:16 AM
http://www.ci.vancouver.wa.us/transportation/brochures/trafficcalming/Bump.jpg

This is fun /images/graemlins/grin.gif

slickpoppa
01-29-2005, 01:20 AM
bizump it like it's hot

Reef
01-29-2005, 01:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
bizump it like it's hot

[/ QUOTE ]

n1

Ten7offsuit
01-29-2005, 01:24 AM
http://www.ffbmc.com/Pictures/People/bump.jpg

It is /images/graemlins/grin.gif

apd138
01-29-2005, 01:29 AM
Over under on how many times this thread gets bumped. +-43

Reef
01-29-2005, 01:31 AM
wtf does wanton mean?

apd138
01-29-2005, 01:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
wtf does wanton mean?

[/ QUOTE ]wan·ton Audio pronunciation of "wanton" ( P ) Pronunciation Key (wntn)
adj.

1. Immoral or unchaste; lewd.
1. Gratuitously cruel; merciless.
2. Marked by unprovoked, gratuitous maliciousness; capricious and unjust: wanton destruction.
3. Unrestrainedly excessive: wanton extravagance; wanton depletion of oil reserves.
4. Luxuriant; overabundant: wanton tresses.
5. Frolicsome; playful.
6. Undisciplined; spoiled.
7. Obsolete. Rebellious; refractory.

wacki
01-29-2005, 01:47 AM
http://www.warrencountydpw.com/IMAGES/bump.gif

TomBrooks
01-29-2005, 02:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
who are you?

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm someone who dislikes bumps of any kind except in clearly required circumstances. And I hold forth a high threshold ought to be used for defining what is clearly required.

I do not advocate punctiliousness and I believe everyone ought to be allowed to bump when they want. I would just like people not to bump spuriously or prematurely, and to weigh the adverse effects of a bump against the estimated benefits. It comes down to asking oneself: Is this bump really necessary?

I believe in freedom but also in the right to peaceful existence. It makes for a more pleasant experience on the internet forums when one is not subjected to excessive wily-nily bumping.

TomBrooks
01-29-2005, 02:14 AM
Road bumps are another bane of existance. It is one thing when they occur due to wear and tear, but communities that install them on purpose are misguided and not living life to it's fullest potential. They want to slow things down. They are regressionists. Their lives are guided by fear rather than anticipation and excitement.

vulturesrow
01-29-2005, 02:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
wtf does wanton mean?

[/ QUOTE ]
A great Chinese dish.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v466/prowlerslim/wonton.jpg

Bump-en-Stein
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
who are you?

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm someone who dislikes bumps of any kind except in clearly required circumstances. And I hold forth a high threshold ought to be used for defining what is clearly required.

[/ QUOTE ]

You must be queer. The only bumps you like are the two you get on your nose when your boyfriend teabags you.

vulturesrow
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
who are you?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You must be queer. The only bumps you like are the two you get on your nose when your boyfriend teabags you.

[/ QUOTE ]

PWN11!!1

Stork
01-29-2005, 02:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I believe everyone ought to be allowed to bump when they want.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, you don't. Stop being a bump-nazi.

Justin A
01-29-2005, 02:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
who are you?

[/ QUOTE ]

I do not advocate punctiliousness and I believe everyone ought to be allowed to bump when they want. I would just like people not to bump spuriously or prematurely, and to weigh the adverse effects of a bump against the estimated benefits. It comes down to asking oneself: Is this bump really necessary?

I believe in freedom but also in the right to peaceful existence. It makes for a more pleasant experience on the internet forums when one is not subjected to excessive wily-nily bumping.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bump so everyone can see what a nit you are.

Michael Davis
01-29-2005, 02:56 AM
Punctiliousness is barely a word. I'm not sure I've ever seen it in noun form before. Only a true nit could use it.

-Michael

apd138
01-29-2005, 03:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
who are you?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] Is this thread nessesary?

TomBrooks
01-29-2005, 10:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
And you must be a pretty tough mutha fuka going around writing stuff like that on an internet forum about someone you never met. Are you a Marine?

bisonbison
01-29-2005, 10:06 AM
this reminds me, someone needs to phantom bump the SS 0/8 thread: here (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=smallholdem&Number=1230599 &fpart=&PHPSESSID=)

Requested Bump
01-29-2005, 10:26 AM
Just leave it to the Professionals. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Need a Thread Bumped?
Want to maintain your good reputation?
Don't want to be perceived as a worthless bumper?
Send me a PM for anonymous bumping services. /images/graemlins/grin.gif