PDA

View Full Version : Floating KTo on the button 20-40

MHoydilla
01-28-2005, 11:12 PM
In a local 20-40 game I get dealt K /images/graemlins/spade.gif T /images/graemlins/diamond.gif on the button and limp after 4 limpers we take the flop 7 handed.

(7 handed 3.5 BB) Flop : Kc 4s 8d
The SB bets and 4 players call and I raised, everyone called. The game played passive preflop and fast after the flop, very loose. I was surprised that no one raised the SB bet.

(6 Players 9.5 BB) Turn: 2h Kc 4s 8d

Everyone checks to me and I bet 4 call

5 Players 14.5 BB 4c 2h Kc 4s 8d

Everyone checks to me and I checked.

I think in hindsight I should have bet the river, but I really didnt want to be checked-raised.

elysium
01-29-2005, 03:44 AM
hi mhoy

when you have that many limpers, some of whom must be in MP or better, calling with KT is not good, even from the button. that hand can sometimes call 2 weak limpers, but is in its proper environment raising in from the CO or button.

the situation of having the best hand very possibly, but checking down the river.....avoid it.

the flop raise sets up the turn betout for the free showdown, which stops a possible bluff on the river, and takes control of the hand; stops a raising war from breaking out.

if you can play this hand everytime as well as you did here, you will fair better than average. does that mean that you can call 4 limpers pre-flop? no.

if one of the reasons you called was because you have the best position, that is not a reason to call. position in multi-way pots with hands involving this many opponents, is almost completely reliant upon the luck of achieving LP status relatively when the bettor is positioned on your immediate left. in this hand, you have relative first position. if position was one of the reasons you entered into this hand with that holding, that is not a valid reason.

The Bear
01-29-2005, 04:05 AM
Checking the river is terrible.

I would have waited until the turn to raise.

And you didn't float.

Lmn55d
01-29-2005, 04:12 AM
you would have waited till turn to raise just for value?

Thomsen
01-29-2005, 04:13 AM
what if suited ?

anatta
01-29-2005, 07:21 AM
I thought you needed pink hair to float? Actually, I'm not so certain what a "floater" is, read something about it here, and, if I remember, a floater is a winning, somewhat "mystical" higher limit player who quietly sneaks in with 53s and such in LP, and we know this because time and time again its turned over for the winner.

Maybe I'll dream tonight about reading a post from a Commerece 200-400 where I am the unknown player coolly described as the mysterious, late limping "floater", and then I will reply "ha, that was me!...", and it'll be like "dude, you can really float!", and I'll be like "yeah, man, I just float the big games like that". Well, that is unless you have to be an sexy pink-haired Asian chick to be a floater...Then I am not so sure.

Bet the river.

fsuplayer
01-29-2005, 01:47 PM
Def: Floater (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=1618307&page=1&view=colla psed&sb=5&o=14&fpart=1)