PDA

View Full Version : Hands from the 2 plus 2 game.

partygirluk
01-28-2005, 10:46 PM
Hand 1. Everyone has 250 BB.

We are 6 handed. UTG limps, 2 folds, Button makes it 4BB more ($.10 in total). I raise 20c more with AQd. He calls.

FLop is Ks Qs 9d. I pot it.

My play of that hand was criticised by Tdomeski.

Hand 2

I limp in UTG plus 1 with KK. The one non 2 plus 2 er at the table who has $1.62 (81 BBs) min raises. BB calls. I make it 50 c.

Flop is Ad 6s 4s

I check, fish pushes, I fold.

Felt uncomfortable with this. My thought on raising preflop was that he was a fish and would call with crap, and I was clearly depriving him of odds to hit a set, or a 3 outer with his Ace, even if I pushed on any flop. But then I just chickened out. I guess he had been playing pretty passively so far, so I felt that if I check I could find out where I was, but then his all in bet seemed a bit strange, but perhaps he was just scared of the flush draw.

TheWorstPlayer
01-29-2005, 07:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
My play of that hand was criticised by Tdomeski.

[/ QUOTE ]
Must be wrong then. But I don't see how. How much respect can you give a raise from the Button with few limpers? I definitely don't think you can assume that he has a hand that is better than AQ and I also don't think you can assume that he has your mid-pair top-kicker beat on the flop. I like how you played it a lot.

Hand 2: Getting 2:1 on your money, you have to call here I think. Even though he is a fish and may not realise that calling re-raises with A4s is a bad idea, I think the key is that he min-raised. Fish min-raise with crap broadways (often suited) and with pocket pairs, almost exclusively. I would expect to see something like QJ/images/graemlins/spade.gif here or 55. Once you check, he is going to push 80% of the time, I think. You have to call.

mythrilfox
01-29-2005, 07:11 AM
Hand 1, generally you don't want to build a big pot out of position. However, when you play it fast as you do, you know you can toss a marginal hand like middle pair when played back at. What people didn't stop to consider is when you flop a Q you have to ask yourself whether or not it's really good. Even with tptk on a board like Q62, if I'm played back at I feel awfully sick.

Hand 2 I agree with TheWorstPlayer, although I think a legit case can be made for either. Given pot odds though, you are probably ahead often enough to make a call.