PDA

View Full Version : Safin v. Hewitt

ilya
01-28-2005, 09:40 PM
I'm really excited for this final. I think it'll be an excellent match. They've both been playing really well, and they both desperately want to win this particular title. Plus, I don't think either one's anything like a clear favorite. I just hope they will have gotten enough rest.

ClaytonN
01-28-2005, 09:45 PM
I'm just glad there's no Federer. Him winning all the time made it boring, and he's just not nearly as exciting to watch as Agassi, Hewitt, Roddick, Safin, etc.

andyfox
01-28-2005, 09:55 PM
Hard to know what to expect out of Safin. He could blow through Hewitt, like he did against Sampras at the U.S. Open a few years back, or go in the tank.

My prediction: Safin in 4 sets. If the match is half as good as the Safin/Federer match, it'll be a great one.

CCx
01-28-2005, 11:24 PM
I think Hewitt might take it - Safin shot his load beating Federer, Hewitt just took advantage of Roddick being Roddick and coughing it up. Plus Hewitt looks like he's put on some muscle and is playing very well right now. I'll be up watching since I anticipate getting home from the Borgata tomorrow night in the wee hours.

Which brings me to - anyone in the immediate Philly area play tennis at a reasonably competitive level? I've played my entire life, walked on to a D1 team during my brief stay at college, but have always found it tough to find people to play with that can actually play fairly well. PM me if you do.

Reef
01-29-2005, 01:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I think Hewitt might take it - Safin shot his load beating Federer, Hewitt just took advantage of Roddick being Roddick and coughing it up. Plus Hewitt looks like he's put on some muscle and is playing very well right now. I'll be up watching since I anticipate getting home from the Borgata tomorrow night in the wee hours.

Which brings me to - anyone in the immediate Philly area play tennis at a reasonably competitive level? I've played my entire life, walked on to a D1 team during my brief stay at college, but have always found it tough to find people to play with that can actually play fairly well. PM me if you do.

[/ QUOTE ]

bleh, I was 4.0 at my best. Was a spin doctor in high school. Prolly only a 3.5 at the moment. I did/do have a 115 first serve and incredibly wicked left kick second serve though.

ClaytonN
01-29-2005, 01:45 AM
I play high school tennis. I've got a serve of ~100.

Nowhere good enough to play college, though. I just have fun. We might win a state title this year.

Voltron87
01-29-2005, 12:11 PM
Hewitt will not leave the court until both his legs are broken or he has the trophy.