PDA

View Full Version : Duval 82-79-85 at The Hope

Bill Murphy
01-28-2005, 07:51 PM
Wow. I mean, like, wow. Guess that's about that. I wonder if the Nike exec who signed him to his last contract still has his job.

ThaSaltCracka
01-28-2005, 07:53 PM
better than I can do. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Corey
01-28-2005, 07:53 PM
He seemed to be coming back around last last year. Apparently, he was not! It's turned into quite a sad site, but rest assuerd Duval was not the first, nor the will he be the last, to totally lose his skills early into a 10-year expection (Calling Fulton Allem!)

Zoltri
01-28-2005, 07:56 PM
Man, what a free fall.
This guy was #1 just a few years ago.

Six_of_One
01-28-2005, 08:09 PM
Amazing, to be shooting scores like that on some of the easiest courses on the entire tour. It's not just that he's dead last...it's that he's 19(!) strokes behind second-to-last.

Edit: Woo hoo, I'm an addict! At this rate, I'll be Carpal Tunnel around 2016.

nolanfan34
01-28-2005, 08:16 PM
What's sad is that I might be able to shoot 85 or lower on that course. From the tips it would be tough, but the fact that I'm even thinking I might be able to beat his score shows how far he's fallen.

HDPM
01-28-2005, 09:57 PM
I don't think they are tucking pins or anything out there. If I played 4-5x a week for a summer I would expect to shoot those scores on those courses. I'm a 12, should be a bit lower. By tour standards 70-70-70 is horrendous out there. An 85 is so bad it is unbelievable in the Hope

fsuplayer
01-28-2005, 10:16 PM
he sucks and is an amazing aloof [censored] to boot.

I lived in ponte vedra and played at the same course and same gym as him.

the only nice thing i can say about him is that his ferrari kicks ass.

nolanfan34
01-28-2005, 11:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't think they are tucking pins or anything out there. If I played 4-5x a week for a summer I would expect to shoot those scores on those courses. I'm a 12, should be a bit lower. By tour standards 70-70-70 is horrendous out there. An 85 is so bad it is unbelievable in the Hope

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I'm about a 13, I agree with you. I wasn't trying to sound cocky, but I also think I could shoot 85 out there.

HDPM
01-29-2005, 01:09 AM
yeah, I am not cocky about my game. From the back tees at PGA West with a tour set up I would be thrilled with 85, and probably couldn't do it. At the easy Hope courses on amateur days, 85 is not good. For an amateur. I hope Duval pulls it together. But 85 at the Hope??????? How's that for a stat: Low and high scores in the Hope 59-85. LOL

Rushmore
01-29-2005, 05:55 AM
I hate to revel in someone's suffering, but this couldn't happen to a bigger [censored]. Have you ever seen him interviewed?

This guy is one of the most arrogant, unpleasant people I've ever seen.

Let's call him The Axl Rose of Golf.

Now he, like Axl Rose, should just go away for good.

We can only hope Vijay Singh is considering a similar career path.

Bill Murphy
01-29-2005, 06:03 AM
Duval's no prize, but I do give him some leeway based on the childhood trauma.

I like you, therefore I highly advise abandoning the schadenfreude watch vis VJ. Dude was valedictorian of his class at The More You Hate Me The More You Will Learn high school.

Rushmore
01-29-2005, 06:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Duval's no prize, but I do give him some leeway based on the childhood trauma.

I like you, therefore I highly advise abandoning the schadenfreude watch vis VJ. Dude was valedictorian of his class at The More You Hate Me The More You Will Learn high school.

[/ QUOTE ]

At first glance, the entire second paragraph appears to be written in pure gibberish.

I got the message the third time through.

As it is my intention to learn from him, I think I will go on hating Vijay Singh. He's just not my favorite kind of guy, you know?