PDA

View Full Version : Hillary electable?

zaxx19
01-28-2005, 07:04 PM
Well, as I predicted Hillary's push for the presidency has already begun with a bang. Clinton has already made several comments (on religion in the public square, and abortion) in a attempt to soften and moderate her left wing image in the eyes of the American voters.

1) Is Hillary the early front-runner for 2008>>??

2) If not her then who is??

3)If she gets the nomination is she electable as her negatives are rather high for a presidential candidate(most recently in the mid 40%s for those that say they would not even consider voting for her)

4) How do you suspect suburban women would vote if she ran?

Tom Bayes
01-28-2005, 07:21 PM
As a liberal who lives in a "red" state, I can't see Hillary being electable, even with her obvious recent move away from the Michael Moore-types towards the center. IMHO, her only chance would be to take some states in the SW away from the Republicans (NM, CO, NV, maybe AZ) while holding the "blue" states that voted for Kerry. Hillary would get massacred in the South, the Great Plains and Rocky Mountain states.

zaxx19
01-28-2005, 07:23 PM
How bout Ohio, Penn, Mich, Minn, Wisc???\\

Tom Bayes
01-28-2005, 07:31 PM
Well, yeah, turning Ohio and Iowa back into "blue" states would be good from the Democratic point of view. My point is that the South is going to be very difficult territory for the Democrats in future elections-winning a substantial number of southern states would probably mean a landslide victory. I believe that the Democratic party should focus attention on the 4 southwestern states (NV, NM, CO, AZ)-I see these as future "battleground" states.

man
01-28-2005, 08:03 PM
I think Hillary is the clear front-runner, but I just don't see it happening. I can buy that 40% of the country wouldn't even consider voting for her, simply because many people just don't trust her.

However I can't really think of anyone besides her. Barack Obama would be a possibility, but he's clearly too young. Perhaps he'll be in contention in '12/'16?

BadBoyBenny
01-28-2005, 08:44 PM
I think she is.

5 years ago I would have said she would never be electable but my mind has changed. I think she is much better at puting on the charm than most people give her credit for, and could come across as more personable and intelligent than just about anyone the Republicans will run. Also she is bitchy enough to win the dirty game if it's pulled. I think she spend the next two years developing a moderate message while establishing an organization capable of doing her dirty work, and then she will go after everyone in her way ruthlessly. She will dominate the dem primaries while Republicans try and have a honest debate about who they should run. I also think she is capable of raising a lot of money. More than Kerry, but perhaps less than whoever the GOP puts up.

zaxx19
01-28-2005, 08:50 PM
Intelligent, perhaps. Personable, uh you understand we are talking about Hillary not Bill correct??

BadBoyBenny
01-28-2005, 08:56 PM
It's just my gut feeling, but I think she'll turn on the charm and transform her image. I just do. The GOP better not make the same mistake of underestimating her that the Dems did with Bush (twice).

JoeC
01-28-2005, 09:13 PM
How old is Obama?

I am a Republican, but he looks to me like the most electable of all Dems for '08.

zaxx19
01-28-2005, 09:49 PM
He (Obama) isnt gonna run in 08' he is a first term senator and by then wouldnt even be done with his frosh term.

He almost cetainly will be ran in 12' or 16' as a VP or Presidential candidate, barring any John Glenn type scandals.

Zeno
01-28-2005, 11:36 PM
Queen Bee Hilary is a megalomaniac. She will debase any and all moral scruples that currently remain in her diseased mind, however small that number may be, to attain the Presidency. A whole new level of shrill demagoguery will be on display by herself and by her devoted and deluded followers if she runs for High Sheriff of America. It will be truly spectacular and most amusing to watch. I can hardly wait.

-Zeno

lastchance
01-29-2005, 12:34 AM
There's no real front-runner, in either party, right now. And no, Hillary's not electable. She's a woman, for starters.

PhatTBoll
01-29-2005, 03:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
He (Obama) isnt gonna run in 08' he is a first term senator and by then wouldnt even be done with his frosh term.

[/ QUOTE ]

Edwards ran as a freshman senator and came close to getting the nomination.

It's kinda sad, but it really seems like Obama is the last hope for the sane Democrats.

adios
01-29-2005, 03:23 AM
She may electable as she and Bill will run as team running on Clinton's past record as president. I don't think she will be elected though.

benfranklin
01-29-2005, 12:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Well, as I predicted Hillary's push for the presidency has already begun with a bang. Clinton has already made several comments (on religion in the public square, and abortion) in a attempt to soften and moderate her left wing image in the eyes of the American voters.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hillary is definitely making her move, but it is in the opposite direct that her party is moving. Her obvious pandering to the center and right is not going to play well with the Democratic Party hardliners. The Dems compromised on Kerry, a candidate no one was really excited about, because the conventional wisdom was that he had the best chance of beating Bush.

I'm guessing that the hard left, the moveon.orgs and the Deaniacs and so on, are going to get really vocal about taking the party back to the left. Howard Dean appears to be the front-runner in the race for Party Chairman right now. Whether he gets it or not, the fighting between the Dean camp and the Clinton camp could get nasty.

Toro
01-31-2005, 11:06 AM
I like to throw my conservative friends a bone now and again. Enjoy!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v653/Mikesantora/ATT-0-73245E913B4CF844AC90F024775A151D-image001.jpg

And it comes with a little joke.

Senator Hillary Clinton was attending a party, when she noticed
Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger. She walked over to him,
and in a quiet voice said, "If you were my husband I would poison your drink."

Schwarzenegger smiled, leaned forward, and whispered in her ear, "And if you were my wife I would drink it"