PDA

View Full Version : SNG on pokerstars, 1 table or 2 tables?

Marc Desjardins
01-28-2005, 06:57 PM
I did a few searches and couldn't find antyhing about this, but if it's been dicussed before, please send me in the right direction.

So, I play SNGs on Pokerstars and I am trying to build my bankroll to play 10$ and eventually higher stakes tournaments. Right now, I play only 5$ SNGs.

I am wondering which is best, playing 1 table or 2 tables SNGs?

In 1 table SNGs, I have a 1 in 3 chances to make the money. But I make less if I win. In 2 tables, I have a 1 in 4.5 chances to make the money, but I make more.

I find that making the final table with an average stack is not that hard in the 2 tables SNGs. So I think that I should play those. But there is also the time factor, 2 tables SNGs are taking more time of course.

So, any advices? What do you all think?

Thanks in advance for your feedback

snowmen
01-28-2005, 06:59 PM
People play more than one sng at the same time just to save time.

Pulplife
01-28-2005, 08:18 PM
Hi Marc,

Here is my take on your situation. At least a couple of ways to look at it.

First off, you mentioned that you win more at the 2 table. That is true for the most part, but given the % to be ITM (33.3% for 1 tbl, and 22.2% for 2 tbl), you have to look at one more thing.

At the 1 table, your 33.3% chance refers to placing third ($9 @ the $5+.5 game).
At the 2 table, your 22.2% chance refers to placing fourth ($9 @ the $5+.5 game).
So concidering that, you win $9 at the single table 33.3% of the time, while winning $9 at the two table 22.2% of the time.

Granted, these numbers only reflect the percentages when placing low in the money.

One other thing, there are always maniacs in the $5+1 SNG's. So I like the single tables, as I can be patient early in the tourny and watch two or three players get knocked out (sometimes in the 1st level of blinds).
Now I only up against 6 or 7 players, increasing my odds to take money.

Good luck with increasing your bankroll.