PDA

View Full Version : How many is from winning and how many from whoring ?

solucky
01-28-2005, 06:52 PM
Hello

I play only small stakes from my 5-6k winning/year are 70% rakeback and Bonus-whoring. Is that the normal way ?

Wolfgang

radar5
01-28-2005, 07:15 PM
No offense, but.....huh?

AncientPC
01-28-2005, 07:17 PM
He's saying 70% of his net profit is from rakeback / bonus whoring, and he's asking if this is normal.

If you're playing low limits, then yeah it's perfectly normal.

If you're playing 3/6 and higher, then something's wrong with your game.

MikeyObviously
01-28-2005, 11:23 PM
I play 2/4 and 3/6...and am a fairly aggressive whorer, and about 1/4th of my income is bonus and rakeback. So that does sound pretty normal, because that would mean if I played .50/1 about 70 percent of my income would be bonus and rakeback too.

radar5
01-28-2005, 11:56 PM
Thanks APC.

Yes, I'm playing low limits, and most of my profit is from bonus whoring.

Keith Fellmy
01-29-2005, 01:08 AM
At low limits most of the money being made is from whoring. Once you move up it will be even between bonuses and winnings. Then you move up again and winnings will outweigh bonuses. Finally you get to the magic level where your winnings are far greater than the bonuses (at least 10x the bonus). When I got to this point I don't really care that much about the crypto bonus structure I just keep playing. i do any and all reloads that I can. The extra bonus money I cash out and only play with my winnings. I use the bonus money to pay bills and save up for something nice. This week I used my bonus money to buy three r/c race cars. Last month I used the money to buy a couple of tarpon fishing rods and reels.

Building a bankroll is nice but you have to cash out some to reward yourself for your excellant play.

i saved up a year in bonuses and bought a 1977 Corvette. Drove it 300 miles and sold it. Log wagon ride so I got rid of it. Also bought a Verl Horn pool cue that I liked but got offered more money for it so I sold it. Even my bonus money is earning money.

I didn't quit my job to play poker, but I quit to help my grandmother who's health isn't good. So now I stll get to make money and stay home with her. Also she lives on a river where I can catch tarpon from the bank. I don't need no stinking boat.