PDA

View Full Version : Man peed way out of avalanche

Zoltri
01-28-2005, 06:48 PM
LINK (http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_1261997.html?menu)

Man peed way out of avalanche

A Slovak man trapped in his car under an avalanche freed himself by drinking 60 bottles of beer and urinating on the snow to melt it.

Rescue teams found Richard Kral drunk and staggering along a mountain path four days after his Audi car was buried in the Slovak Tatra mountains.

He told them that after the avalanche, he had opened his car window and tried to dig his way out.

But as he dug with his hands, he realised the snow would fill his car before he managed to break through.

He had 60 half-litre bottles of beer in his car as he was going on holiday, and after cracking one open to think about the problem he realised he could urinate on the snow to melt it, local media reported.

He said: "I was scooping the snow from above me and packing it down below the window, and then I peed on it to melt it. It was hard and now my kidneys and liver hurt. But I'm glad the beer I took on holiday turned out to be useful and I managed to get out of there."

Parts of Europe have this week been hit by the heaviest snowfalls since 1941, with some places registering more than ten feet of snow in 24 hours.

Sponger15SB
01-28-2005, 06:50 PM
I think we have an early candidate for Time Magazines 2005 man of the year.

Ipodkid
01-28-2005, 06:56 PM
Guess im odd duck..but why not shake the beers up and spray them on the snow melting it having a few as you do it instead of drinking oh 60?

ThaSaltCracka
01-28-2005, 06:57 PM
I don't quite get how he did this, but whatever.

Freakin
01-28-2005, 06:57 PM
urine = 98.6 F

ThaSaltCracka
01-28-2005, 06:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Guess im odd duck..but why not shake the beers up and spray them on the snow melting it having a few as you do it instead of drinking oh 60?

[/ QUOTE ]the beer wasn't warm enough.

Zoltri
01-28-2005, 06:58 PM
Makes sense to me but you know those Slovaks.

Freakin
01-28-2005, 06:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't quite get how he did this, but whatever.

[/ QUOTE ]

Snow is all around and over his car. So he began tunneling his way up, and pushing the snow from the tunnel below the level of his window. he would then urinate on the snow under his window to clear room for more snow...

Freakin

liquidboss
01-28-2005, 07:00 PM
My hero...

Freakin
01-28-2005, 07:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
My hero...

[/ QUOTE ]

ThaSaltCracka
01-28-2005, 07:01 PM
weird, thanks. I imagine it would have been fun.

Freakin
01-28-2005, 07:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
weird, thanks. I imagine it would have been fun.

[/ QUOTE ]

Until your kidneys and liver hurt after your 4-day drinking bender in a cramped car.

Freakin

mmbt0ne
01-28-2005, 07:14 PM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">En réponse à:</font><hr />
his Audi car was buried in the Slovak Tatra mountains.

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/frown.gif /images/graemlins/frown.gif /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Boris
01-28-2005, 07:24 PM
That would be a waste of beer.

BruinEric
01-28-2005, 07:29 PM
I'm having trouble believing this one.

Hmmm...just running the engine for a few seconds would have a greater melting effect than a few liters of urine.

Seriously, how can a liter of urine at a time do much to a large amount of snow?

Rather than risk death &amp; dehydration from drinking so much, he could have put the beers in his clothing and warmed the up over 80-deg F and poured them on the snow.

Or he could swish a mouthful of beer in his mouth for a minute to warm it over 80-deg F, and then spit on the snow.

If his engine wasn't running, he could try to start a fire with some paper and his lighter. A small (and even brief) fire would melt snow better than peeing a bit at a time.

A far too serious response, I know.

Boris
01-28-2005, 07:33 PM
If he could start the engine he would almost surely die of asphyxiation or carbon monoxide poisoning. Same with lighting a fire.

pokerjo22
01-28-2005, 07:35 PM
Running his engine under an avalanche would have risked carbon monoxide poisoning. I'm sure thats what he was concerned about as he cracked open his 60 bottles of beer /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Oski
01-28-2005, 07:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Any solution that calls for drinking 60 beers as opposed to not drinking them is the better of the two.

FatMan
01-28-2005, 07:59 PM
Reminds me of one of my favorite movie scenes, which not totally quite unlike this. Lone Wolf McQuade. Chuck Norris is buried, unconscious, in his Blazer/Bronco/Dodge Ram with nitrous. He wakes up, realizes he's buried. Digs out a beer, pops the top, takes a swig, fires up the SUV, kicks in the nitrous and drives out of his grave. Maybe Chuck will play Kral in the movie version.

Alobar
01-28-2005, 09:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm having trouble believing this one.

Hmmm...just running the engine for a few seconds would have a greater melting effect than a few liters of urine.

Seriously, how can a liter of urine at a time do much to a large amount of snow?

Rather than risk death &amp; dehydration from drinking so much, he could have put the beers in his clothing and warmed the up over 80-deg F and poured them on the snow.

Or he could swish a mouthful of beer in his mouth for a minute to warm it over 80-deg F, and then spit on the snow.

If his engine wasn't running, he could try to start a fire with some paper and his lighter. A small (and even brief) fire would melt snow better than peeing a bit at a time.

A far too serious response, I know.

[/ QUOTE ]

you also forgot that the snow he melted with his urine, would refreeze, so it really wouldnt have freed up any room at all. Ithink its BS too.

In reality it was prolly just some drunk "trapped" under a foot of snow that all came while he was passed out in the same parking lot he went to go buy more beer at.

ThaSaltCracka
01-28-2005, 09:29 PM
have you ever pee'd in the snow, it melts a lot of snow. 98.5 slices through snow like a hot knife through butter.

liquidboss
01-28-2005, 09:47 PM
Frozen water takes up less space than snow. Besides that, water could run down in cracks or end up in places the snow couldn't go before it was melted.

TimTimSalabim
01-29-2005, 02:08 AM
This is my favorite part:

[ QUOTE ]
...after cracking one open to think about the problem...

[/ QUOTE ]