PDA

View Full Version : Paradise 25 and 50 NL tables

FUpaymee
01-28-2005, 05:09 PM
I recently switched from Party to Paradise (I was just kinda sour on Party lately and I had had some success on Paradise in the past). I was mostly an SnG player on Party (occasional 25 NL), but I wanted a change of scenery and to find a new bread and butter. Party SnG's just weren't as profitable as I would like.

I know Paradise is supposed to be harder to beat, but for the last few days I've been playing the 25 and 50 NL tables (10 max) on Paradise, and for some reason I have found them EASIER to beat than the Party NL games. I have played about 2000 hands the last few days and have netted a profit of around $300. I even had a couple terrible runs of cards and bad beats, really haven't hit too many "amazing" hands...but I usually turn out a sizeable profit each session.

However, I am still skeptical since Paradise is known as a pretty tough room to play. Anyone else prefer Paradise over Party Poker? Anyone have as much success? I know $300 in 3 days is not something I should expect regularly when I'm single-tabling, but I have not been winning simply because of a bunch of hot hands. Any suggestions as to why I have had more success at Paradise?

I've been thinking that it might be because the players are tighter on Paradise and I am able to steal more pots than on Party where there are chasers and fish galore. It also seems a lot easier to identify the fish within just a couple hands at the table, because they stand out more from the solid players (not sure if that even makes sense). Or maybe Paradise just isn't as hard as everyone says? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Allinlife
01-28-2005, 05:21 PM
2k hands is too little to determine how fishy a site is
I still think PP> all

ohkanada
01-28-2005, 05:48 PM
I cleared my paradise bonus ($50) 3 tabling the $50NL in the last few days and was up $360 not including the bonus. Now I will say I was on the good side of big pair vs big pair several times but I did see a lot of bad play.

Ken

AncientPC
01-28-2005, 07:32 PM
Paradise is much more loose-passive than Party is. It's always been a soft site in my opinion.