PDA

View Full Version : AK , flop tptk nut flush draw

Bwm77
01-28-2005, 05:05 PM
Live 1-2 NL, game has just started and is kinda tight UTG is a solid player from what i've seen but seems to be playing alittle looser than i've seen him play... he's straddled a few times to try to spark some action.

UTG(about $200) straddles for $4
Two MP limpers(both have about $100)
I raise to $14 on the button W/ Ac-Ks
Folded to UTG who calls
Both limpers call.
Flop: K-9-5 all clubs
UTG bets $40
2 folds
I push, $85 more

So far i've posted 2 hands and nobody has liked my play on either. Someone please tell me that this was played at least close to correctly as i'm begining to re-think my understanding of the game.

amoeba
01-28-2005, 05:18 PM
looks good.

tbach24
01-28-2005, 05:20 PM
Played it fine.

Bwm77
01-28-2005, 05:35 PM
Thanks guys. It seems the only hand you've liked so far is the one I lost. UTG had 2c-3c. Turn and river brought no help to me and his flush held up. Maybe i should be re-thinking my read on him as a solid player?

ChipLeader
01-28-2005, 05:41 PM
I dont mind the post flop play, but I think you could have gotten out if you hand't raised so much preflop. It came to you with 3 people in, and you raised 7x BB with a very vulnerable and often overplayed hand. I think a bet that will limit the field to 1 caller, MAYBE 2, is better because on a semi-scary flop like that you can get out with any sort of read. Also, I have a lot of trouble believing this guy is playing 23 from UTG against a 14.00 raise... you sure you didnt slightly alter the story /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Raiser
01-28-2005, 05:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I dont mind the post flop play, but I think you could have gotten out if you hand't raised so much preflop. It came to you with 3 people in, and you raised 7x BB with a very vulnerable and often overplayed hand. I think a bet that will limit the field to 1 caller, MAYBE 2, is better because on a semi-scary flop like that you can get out with any sort of read. Also, I have a lot of trouble believing this guy is playing 23 from UTG against a 14.00 raise... you sure you didnt slightly alter the story /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey Chip.

A few things. a 7XBB raise is very standard with 3 limpers. A lot of people raise 4XBB+1BB for each limper.

Also, your post seems contradictory to me. You say he should raise less, but then you say you want to limit the field to 1 or 2 opponents. To do this you have to raise more.

Kaz The Original
01-28-2005, 06:04 PM
I raise more preflop. The pot is 15$ when it gets to you. You raised it 10 more than the 4? I would make it $20 in total as their is a sizeable amount in there and your hand is almost certainly huge here.

Everything else is fine.