PDA

View Full Version : I just want some advise on how to move up the BB ladder

meanjean
01-28-2005, 05:00 PM
I posted this in small stakes too...I have aspirations to play at the top level and am willing to do the work.

About me:

I'm at 3/6 now doing my self imposed 300BB minimum. I cruised through .5/1....learned a hell of a lot at 1/2 (like ak doesn't beat a pair of two's unless it improves no matter how much you raise)...I cruised through 2/4 and I am about halfway through 3/6 and having a ball. I've heard the fun ends at 5/10 and above. I've read the jones book, the hilger book, theory of poker, and sshe....I basically play in the way described in SSHE...sorry can't be more specific than that...but I'm winning

there was an earlier post talking about this and people basically said there was a huge difference between 3/6 and 5/10. So I thought I'd ask for advise and start that learning curve before I get to 5/10. What changes will I need to make in my game? What can I expect at the higher levels? Suggested readings?

thanks

William Jockusch
01-28-2005, 05:21 PM
Sounds like you're doing fine. Just keep moving up one step at a time. If your win rate at one level is over 2.5 BB/100 over a healthy number of hands, you are ready for the next one.

Frankly I don't buy any claims that there is a huge difference between one level and the next one. Sure, the players get better as you move up. But it's gradual.

The last thing is, there is no shame in moving down. If it is going well at one level, by all means take a shot at the next one. If you do poorly, you can always move back.

meanjean
01-29-2005, 12:02 AM
thanks man....don't know if that's what I'd hoped to hearbut it's been the sanest (sp) thing I've heard.

Not that others were wrong, but I'm going with stop moving up when you can't win anymore