PDA

View Full Version : 1/2 pokerstars.. line check

greg nice
01-28-2005, 03:56 PM
1/2 NL.. co-1 (50) minraises to 4. button (150) makes it 8.. i (200) call 6 more from bb with 99

flop 5d 9o 7d check to button he bets 12, i raise to 30, co-1 folds, button calls

turn 8d completing tons of draws i lead out 60

mythrilfox
01-28-2005, 04:12 PM
I like it, due to the draws you had to play it the way you did. Plus, with a flop check/raise/lead, he could easily put you on JJ or something and you might still be able to squeeze value out of AA. I would expect the ace of diamonds to call here and fold the river.

However, it's worth questioning whether or not you fold to a raise? How deep are the stacks? With anything less than 80, I think you have to go to the river. In general, a hand like AK of diamonds will play much more aggressively on the flop, which means the flush completing doesn't hurt you all that badly. He could very well push with AA/KK and a diamond.

TrailofTears
01-28-2005, 04:14 PM
Looks good to me. Can I ask why only 2/3 pot instead of the whole thing? Are you hoping he pops you for everything or playing conservatively?

I'm assuming neither 9 is a diamond.

emil3000
01-28-2005, 04:16 PM
I like a lead better. He'd have to raise you with an overpair because of all the draws, then you can push.

greg nice
01-28-2005, 04:21 PM
stacks are in parentheses

when i bet with nothing or with goods i like to use 2/3 ~ 3/4 pot bets. no reason really.

you are right that i open myself up to the raise here. if he raises its pretty much all in for him. i think thats the problem with my line. calling pot commits him. seems to me if he stays in and raises all in im beat. but id think i have to call and pray to fill up.

greg nice
01-28-2005, 04:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I like a lead better. He'd have to raise you with an overpair because of all the draws, then you can push.

[/ QUOTE ]

right emil. i usually lead with my sets especially on draw boards. not sure why i went with c/r this time.. but i didnt really put him on an over pair after his small reraise preflop.

amoeba
01-28-2005, 04:48 PM
I think most overpair hands will either raise you or fold on the turn.

I don't think you have to worry about him on the draw.

suspicious_mind
01-28-2005, 05:44 PM
I like betting the flop too especially on this flop but I guess with a read that he is betting here check-raising is good too, if I were check-raising I would probably make it a little more though because of the deep stacks and scary board. You want to bet enough to give him the wrong implied odds with any draw he might have.

Not exactly sure of what to put him on. I'm not really putting him on an overpair after he only made the small re-raise preflop and now only bets 1/2 the pot on this coordinated flop it's still a possibility though. I guess he could have ATs-AKs, KQs or something, maybe 88? Maybe he was making a position raise with a suited connector like 98,T9, or JT preflop.

What do you do if he calls your 60$ bet on the turn and the river is a J,T,6 or diamond or even a complete blank?

ChipLeader
01-28-2005, 05:50 PM
If you know he will bluff with overcards and call a checkraise, check raise is good. Usually, however, I prefer to bet my set here against all those draws and hope an overpair reraises. Problem is if you bet small as a trap they can call and then you dont know what todo with the diamond, if you bet big thye may fold and you lose the money you would have got from the checkraise. Its vital to have SOME sort of read, any sort. Is he closer to tight, agg., loose, calling station, etc, it totally changed the way the entire hand goes down.

amoeba
01-28-2005, 05:57 PM
I like the check raise. Other option is to overbet the pot.

he is checkraising because its pretty certain button is probably not on the draw due to his preflop move but CO might be. problem is, button might just check through if he is on something like AK instead of overpair.

what hero does not want to happen is to bet say 2/3 pot and have both call.