PDA

View Full Version : Some preflop Questions

BottlesOf
01-28-2005, 03:29 PM
What up.

1. Bad player w/ a pfr of about 8 raises utg, I have ATs in co. AJs?

2. A 75/8 co open limps, I have KTo in sb, bb is a 21/17/3.8.

3. 41/12 button open limps. How do you handle ATo in the sb with an unknown bb? How about sb folds and you in the BB? For what values of X and Y (AXo/AYs) will you raise the button open limp from bb?

4. An unkown UTG or MP open limps, folded to you in the sb with 77, KTo, KJo, Q9o, what's your move?

5. Terrible player (63 vpip) who chases gutshots in small pots and won't fold any pair, open limps on the button. You have A4o in the bb (sb folded). What;s your move? What kinds of raises are you making here, knowing that the raise won't affect villain's post flop play too much?

6. UTG LAG (64/26) raises, folds to you in sb with KQo/KQs.

7. Button open limps, you have QJo in sb.

spydog
01-28-2005, 04:02 PM
1. I coldcall ATs and KQs in this spot. I 3-bet AJs. Feel free to flame away at the coldcalls. It's not something I do often, but I do it here.

2) I can raise this if the BB plays his blinds weakly.

3) I would raise ATo from the SB here. I would proceed with caution because the 41/12 button openlimping raises a red flag. He's either holding 98s or a great hand.

From the BB I would raise A7o+ and A4s+.

4) Raise 77. Complete with the rest. Well, KJo might be a raise.

5) Against a passive player, I would raise this for value preflop. You probably have the best hand. Only bet the flop and beyond if you connect.

6) Easy raise.

7) Complete.

PokerNoob
01-28-2005, 04:43 PM
1. How bad postflop? If hes going to pay you off when you're ahead and not charge you the max when you're behind, 3-bet, otherwise fold. Knowing the coldcalling party set, you'll have odds to call for your 3-outer if he leads at an A high flop.

2. This is tough because of the BB TAG feeding off the same guy. I'd almost want to raise something a little better first so that he's more apt to back off.

3. Raise, raise. Nineish.

4. Read on BB? Raise, complete?, raise, ick.

5. Raise and lead. If he pairs and beats you, so be it. Raise preflop with hands you'll showdown no matter what his action is, pairs and A high.

6. Raise, but I hate this guy if he likes to showdown a trashy A high.

7. Raise. I wonder if the times you make a straight offset the times its a guy peddling AA or KK this way?