PDA

View Full Version : min bets

TheIrishThug
01-28-2005, 03:23 PM
say u have ATo. u limp in mp, 5 to the flop.
flop comes A47 rainbow. the sb min bets and gets called. infront of u. what's ur move? u know that u don't want ppl to see mre cards for cheap, and this is small blinds, so u know ppl will try. but ur hand is not that powerful that it would warrent a raise on its own accord. this is something i have been having trouble with recently and i would like to hear ppl's thoughts. the hand is merely an example, so my question applys to basically any flopped top pair that could easily have trouble if an overcard comes or there might be kicker trouble.

amoeba
01-28-2005, 03:25 PM
I raise to what I would have bet had they checked to me I think.

booger
01-28-2005, 03:25 PM
fold it preflop and u won't have to answer those questions or pop a pot sized raise and see where u stand

amoeba
01-28-2005, 03:27 PM
explain how folding preflop allows him to avoid these questions?

lets say you limped with AJ then, same thing.

I doubt somebody with A better kicker is minbetting the flop.

maldini
01-28-2005, 03:32 PM
im interested in this too. i can honestly say that nothing puts me off like all these minbets and minraises. i try to ignore them and play it like a bet but i've been repopped lately if i raise a normal amount after.

i guess people do them for different reasons and you have to figure out why each particular person is doing it?

amoeba
01-28-2005, 03:38 PM
if you get repopped, ignore the fact that they minbet and just think of it as you being check raised.

maldini
01-28-2005, 03:47 PM
sure. makes sense. what if there is a limper and a minraise in front of you? AJ doesnt look good. sounds like a better spot for SC or PP. auto pot building for when you hit. no? stack size dependant of course.

amoeba
01-28-2005, 03:49 PM
read based. if I've seen him do it with KJ, QJs, I call here.

AncientPC
01-28-2005, 07:36 PM
I raise. You're ahead of pretty much anyone who has top pair except Axs hands that caught two pair.