PDA

View Full Version : Games In Michigan.... small group seeking....

Wesley N
01-28-2005, 03:10 PM
About 6 months ago, my best friend and I decided to turn our monthly small-time "home game" into something better. We contacted any of the occassional players and sought their opinions on forming a poker club.
Needless to say, the CPC (cartoon poker club) hit off great, we had 25-30 ranked players in the season, tourneys and side games being held every Monday night, and were constanlty recruiting new players.
Our characters ranged from tight passive cautious players, "Seabastian (from Lil' Mermaid) to the overaggressive "Super Mario" and of course lots of Nemo's, Flounders, and other fish. We had Nice Pots and even a Tournament of Champions, as well as a top ranked for player of the year and huge money. Well, around the holliday and new year things got hecktic, and so we have postponed the new season till just after the superbowl.
Right now, I'd say we are down to around 10-14 max players who are calling every week about a game, the problem is either we lose players or other circumstances come up.
Anyone in the nearby area (suburbs of Detroit) either interested in joining our group, or would like to add to their existing group, please let me know via e-mail or this post... we run a very efficient club and would love to expand in one way or the other. I can give further details via e-mail replies.

p.s. if there are any others with games going on, I'd love to hear about them.

Thanks,
Wes (Advisor & Consiere to the C.P.C)

e-mail: yeswesizdabest@yahoo.com

aceface05
06-06-2005, 03:45 PM
I live in the suburbs of Detroit and would love to come to one of your home games

nebben
06-06-2005, 04:48 PM
Are we talking suburbs like Grosse Pointe? (thats me)