PDA

View Full Version : $/hr?

maldini
01-28-2005, 02:36 PM
anyone figure out what the optimum stakes are where bad play meets higher stakes? relevant stat would be $/hr.

i guess the game has to be easy enough that you can 4+ table and dont have to worry about complicated play. maybe its different for everyone. i hear 6-max alot but it seems the action moves to fast to play as many tables. more hands/hr but 1 or 2 less tables? also, gotta be more aggression shorthanded. think i'd rather have bad players being passive. then again, if they overplay their hands often...

any comments? clearly, i'm still trying to find my place in this online poker world. thanks.

krazyace5
01-28-2005, 02:44 PM
Someone posted that you can make $25 a hour 4 tabling partys $25NL 6 max tables, is this what you are looking for?

maldini
01-28-2005, 02:49 PM
interesting. that's .25/.5 blinds? never played it but i hate those shallow stacks. takes away alot of tricks IMHO.

AncientPC
01-28-2005, 02:51 PM
4-tabling .5/1 or 1/2 6-max NL can net you $60+/hr easily.

Sephus
01-28-2005, 02:57 PM
the consensus is that 4-tabling 6max isn't very taxing. hell, some people 8 table it.

the optimum stakes really are the largest stakes you can afford. if you have 30 buyins at the next level you really ought to be moving up (if you want to maximaze $/hr that is). usually when you double the stakes your winrate is reduced, but not cut in half.

maldini
01-28-2005, 03:00 PM
BTW, Ancient. your a genius if you bought pounds with dollars to play cards with while the US$ was sinking. do you consciously take a look at that? i follow the markets daily b/c of my job. i may have missed the boat. make sure you move some dough off those sites before the US$ rebounds much (id bet around the beginning of summer, but noone really knows)(except Soros).