PDA

View Full Version : Ah, the Blazers.....

SomethingClever
01-28-2005, 01:14 PM
With the Blazers having lost 13 of their last 16, Darius Miles reportedly berated coach Maurice Cheeks during a film session, allegedly using a racial epithet repeatedly. He may be suspended.

Does Miles know the he and Cheeks are the same race?

Also, does he know that Cheeks has a championship ring, and with that ring, the right to auto-bitchslap anyone who talks s[/i]hit to him?

IndieMatty
01-28-2005, 01:18 PM
If the knicks and blazers combined their team, I doubt either of us would be any good.

ThaSaltCracka
01-28-2005, 01:21 PM
bringing in Darius Miles was a horrible front office decisison, the guy has zero discipline and zero maturity.

BTW, Mo Cheeks, really isn't a good coach.

Zoltri
01-28-2005, 01:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If the knicks and blazers combined their team, I doubt either of us would be any good.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, but they would make a great pimpin team.

nolanfan34
01-28-2005, 01:23 PM
Have fun with that Zach Randolph contract too. That isn't going to end well, I agree with the Sports Guy.

IndieMatty
01-28-2005, 01:28 PM
Bill Simmons is the smartest funniest man in the world, right? It's not just me?

SomethingClever
01-28-2005, 01:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Have fun with that Zach Randolph contract too. That isn't going to end well, I agree with the Sports Guy.

[/ QUOTE ]

If Randolph winds up in jail, do we still have to pay him?

Because I think there's at least a 50% chance he'll be doing time before that contract is up.

SomethingClever
01-28-2005, 01:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Bill Simmons is the smartest funniest man in the world, right? It's not just me?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm really sick and tired of all his Boston s[/i]hit, but other than that, I think he's very entertaining.

ThaSaltCracka
01-28-2005, 01:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Darius Miles reportedly berated coach Maurice Cheeks during a film session, allegedly using a racial epithet repeatedly. He may be suspended.

Does Miles know the he and Cheeks are the same race?

[/ QUOTE ]he probably called him an Uncle Tom.

xadrez
01-28-2005, 01:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ive read his stuff religiously ever since discovering his old website, bostonsportsguy.com That site was great because it was a bit more 'free' in terms of content. He used to have this running feature called the Babes of Wimbledon, where he got these two guys from South Boston (with stereotypical names like "Sully" and "Murph") to rate all the female tennis players' physical attributes...No way ESPN would let him do that one on Page 2...

btw, I am a NY sports fan, so I imagine he must be good since he writes mostly about teams I despise. I went to college in MA though, so I have an intimate view into the twisted mind of Boston sports fans, and simmons reminds me of all my good friends with funny accents from College...

SomethingClever
01-28-2005, 01:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ha... also on the topic of Miles and Simmons... I remember a column a few years ago where a reader compared Miles to one of the skeletons in "Indiana Jones."

Hahahahahahahah!

xadrez
01-28-2005, 01:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Ha... also on the topic of Miles and Simmons... I remember a column a few years ago where a reader compared Miles to one of the skeletons in "Indiana Jones."

[/ QUOTE ]

One of the funniest lines he ever wrote was in his old columns, "Top Ten Worst Sports Fans". On the list was English Soccer Fans, and he cut himself off after describing the fighting, etc etc and said "hey, Id be pissed off too if it rained 365 days a year and the women looked like Greg Popovich"

--No offense to the English, or theyre GF's and Wives /images/graemlins/wink.gif

nolanfan34
01-28-2005, 02:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think his writing is great. Even all of the Boston stuff. His 5 part series a few years ago when he went to Vegas for the Rahman-Lewis fight is classic.

stabn
01-28-2005, 02:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Because I think there's at least a 50% chance he'll be doing time before that contract is up.

[/ QUOTE ]

You could say that about any blazer. The last blazer that wasn't a total shitbag had bad knees and retired a few years ago:(. Since then? Nothin. The patterson/wallace/mighty mouse grouping was a horrible group to bring young guys up with.

jdl22
01-28-2005, 02:31 PM
WHY COULDN'T WE HAVE JUST HIT ONE FUCKING SHOT IN THE FOURTH QUARTER AGAINST THE LAKERS IN GAME 7 OF THE WESTERN CONFERENCE FINALS IN 2000?!?!?!

still a little bitter.

SomethingClever
01-28-2005, 02:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
WHY COULDN'T WE HAVE JUST HIT ONE FUCKING SHOT IN THE FOURTH QUARTER AGAINST THE LAKERS IN GAME 7 OF THE WESTERN CONFERENCE FINALS IN 2000?!?!?!

still a little bitter.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know. I had like 7 friends over, we were literally jumping with joy as we were up by 13 points in the 4th quarter, after coming back from a 3-1 deficit in the series.

And there was no player I hated more than Shaq.

Then one shot clanged. Then another. Then another.

Then Rasheed missed a gimme. Then J.R. Rider threw up a brick.

Uh oh.