PDA

View Full Version : When you can't beat a bluff.

Rubeskies
01-28-2005, 01:08 PM
At this table I've been "stealing" a lot lately and the villain has noticed. I've actually just been getting a good run of cards and not hitting the flop. Villain has not yet folded to one of my "steal raises" and doesn't give me much respect postflop either but did fold once to one of my raises. How do you handle this situation.

Villain is usually on the LAGish side (but a thinking LAG) and playing rather strangely against me as described above.

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP with K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: (5 SB) 4/images/graemlins/club.gif, 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (3.50 BB) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (5.50 BB) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>

lehighguy
01-28-2005, 01:24 PM
Raising the flop will make this hand easier. You may well have the best hand. If he has paired he might give it away by trip raising. More likely he will call and then you have option of free card if you think he has hand or bluff again on turn and showdown your highcard. If he really is lag that will bluff at flop like that and gives you no respect the flop raise is good idea.