PDA

View Full Version : GAWD, I'm evil!!!

CountDuckula
01-28-2005, 01:01 PM
Ok, so I was playing some .05/.10 at TGC, having basically trashed my modest BR over there in the OIC (too many 2+2ers better than me... /images/graemlins/smile.gif). Bought in for $1.75, had it go up a little, and down some more, not catching much good stuff other than a few 2nd best hands, and found myself with around $0.55. It was getting late, so I told myself, "Screw it; I'm ramming and jamming with the next hand I get, no matter what it is, and then leaving."

Next hand turns out to be 9/images/graemlins/club.gif 7/images/graemlins/club.gif, in MP or so. Ok, fine. One or two callers, I raise, end up with 2 other guys to see the flop. I don't remember the exact board, but I caught a T and a 6 (suits irrelevant) for the gutshot. Bet to me, I raise, someone else re-raises, I call. Turn is a brick. I end up all-in, and the other two start building a side pot. River is an 8, giving me the straight and the main pot, worth $2.04. I fold the next hand dealt to me, and leave the table.

No comments that I saw in the chat box, but I'm certain that I've left them thinking that Prima is rigged. /images/graemlins/cool.gif Yeah, I was in a mood.... /images/graemlins/grin.gif

-Mike

AncientPC
01-28-2005, 01:58 PM
I was bored and didn't feel like thinking about poker, so I screwed around with the 81¢ I had left in my Pacific account last night left over from 4+ months ago.

I turned that 81¢ into ~$4 on the 5¢/10¢ limit tables, then turned $4 into $14 on the NL $10 tables.

My personal OIC. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

on_thg
01-28-2005, 02:30 PM
Prima IS rigged.

CountDuckula
01-28-2005, 03:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Prima IS rigged.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, you know, people say that about every site. Some people will say Party is rigged, but Stars isn't. Others will say Party's not rigged, but Prima is. Etc., etc. The thing is, you have to watch out for selection bias. You see about twice as many hands online as you would B&M (considerably more than that, if you multitable), so you see that many more bad beats. And you remember bad beats much more than you remember the hands that went the way they were "supposed" to. I'm still smarting over the AA that got cracked by 65o, when I did everything by the book. Clown caught his 6 on the flop, then his 5 on the river. Several other hands I had that session went much the same way; I got AA three times and won once, KK 2-3 times and didn't win at all, other premium hands suffered similar fates. I ended up down about $160 for the session

This happened to me about 3 weeks ago, in a $1-3 spread limit game at the Excalibur in Las Vegas.

-Mike

on_thg
01-28-2005, 03:48 PM
I knew I forgot something in my post above:

/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

There, that's better.

CountDuckula
01-28-2005, 04:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I knew I forgot something in my post above:

/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

There, that's better.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL! Yeah, that is better! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Sorry, you hit one of my pet peeves. People think things should happen a certain way, uniformly, and get bent out of shape when it doesn't. Things like, "AA wins 80% of the time, so if I get AA 5 times, and I don't win 4 of them, something is wrong". Well, yeah; something is wrong: their expectations. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

-Mike