PDA

View Full Version : Opening Car Door While Moving to Knock Over Bicyclist

Dynasty
01-28-2005, 12:14 PM
Have you ever been in a car going down a road and decided to open the car door to hit a bicyclist?

Is it something that should be tried? (http://uselessjunk.org/videos/instant_karma_darwin.wmv)

Just wondering if it's a good idea.

jakethebake
01-28-2005, 12:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Have you ever been in a car going down a road and decided to open the car door to hit a bicyclist?

Is it something that should be tried? (http://uselessjunk.org/videos/instant_karma_darwin.wmv)

[/ QUOTE ]
I usually just drive really close to the curb so they can't get past when we come to a light or stop sign. I hate it when they do that. I like to drive as close as possible to them too. Scare the [censored] out of them.

Jezebel
01-28-2005, 12:19 PM
WOW... that is brutal.

elwoodblues
01-28-2005, 12:20 PM
All I can say about that video is HOLY CRAP

namknils
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, did that dumbass just fall out of the car!? What an idiot.

Sporky
i thought it was kind of funny for a second...then it was made painfully obvious what happened. then i thought it was really funny.

bosoxfan
01-28-2005, 12:21 PM
how the hell do you fall out of the car?

Shajen
01-28-2005, 12:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, did that dumbass just fall out of the car!? What an idiot.

[/ QUOTE ]

And then his head hit the backend of a parked car.

Not really funny.

Stupidly tragic is what I'm thinking.

namknils
01-28-2005, 12:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
WOW... that is brutal.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yikes, I didn't see that he hit a car at first.

Still, complete dumbass.

Toro
01-28-2005, 12:23 PM
That's almost as bad as the dumb asses who are parallel parked on the street and suddenly open their car door without checking to see if there is any traffic.

Piz0wn0reD!!!!!!
01-28-2005, 12:24 PM
another noob (http://media.ebaumsworld.com/index.php?e=rednecksurfing.wmv)

Bluffoon
01-28-2005, 12:38 PM
Theory of Natural Selection at work.

Sponger15SB
01-28-2005, 12:39 PM
Wow I really wouldn't mind if that kid seriously hurt himself.

[censored] idiot.

Sponger15SB
01-28-2005, 12:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
another noob (http://media.ebaumsworld.com/index.php?e=rednecksurfing.wmv)

[/ QUOTE ]

WHAT THE!

LOL How is that guy suppose to get back in his car? Notice his door closed.....

GuyOnTilt
01-28-2005, 12:44 PM
What a dick. All the others guys in the car too. Seriously, there's no way I would let someone I was with do that. I don't know what I'd be doing in the card with them in the first place since I wouldn't be friends with someone like that, but if it were some random guy friend of a friend type of thing, no way he'd get away with seriously talking about doing that [censored]. That's just dicked.

GoT

Alobar
01-28-2005, 12:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I usually just drive really close to the curb so they can't get past when we come to a light or stop sign. I hate it when they do that. I like to drive as close as possible to them too. Scare the [censored] out of them.

[/ QUOTE ]

you sir, are a piece of [censored]

Sponger15SB
01-28-2005, 12:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What a dick. All the others guys in the car too. Seriously, there's no way I would let someone I was with do that. I don't know what I'd be doing in the card with them in the first place since I wouldn't be friends with someone like that, but if it were some random guy friend of a friend type of thing, no way he'd get away with seriously talking about doing that [censored]. That's just dicked.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah the extent of my "messing with unknown people" was throwing water baloons at kids walking home from school during my senior year.

These kids could be charged with like attempted murder.

Sponger15SB
01-28-2005, 12:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

haha alobar weren't you the guy w/ the lance armstrong avatar a while back?

jakethebake
01-28-2005, 12:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Thanks. I'll assume you're one of those assholes that likes to ride in the street when there's a perfectly good sidewalk, impeding traffic and making himself a danger to everyone. Probably like to go around whining about having a "right" to the road like everyone else?

Zoltri
01-28-2005, 12:51 PM
Check out Bugs getting obliterated by a race car.
LINK (http://brawl-hall.com/pages/images/videos/rabbit.mpeg)

tpir90036
01-28-2005, 12:54 PM
Whoa... that is brutal. I wonder if he survived that. I would imagine he fractured/dislocated his skull at a minimum.

Sponger15SB
01-28-2005, 12:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Check out Bugs getting obliterated by a race car.
LINK (http://brawl-hall.com/pages/images/videos/rabbit.mpeg)

[/ QUOTE ]

That clip is so short I've already watched it 100x

MikeNaked
01-28-2005, 12:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

On behalf of all my fellow bike-commuters, eat a fat one.

Yeah, it's not OK for cyclists to run red lights etc, but they should be granted the bike lane/shoulder to ride up to the light.

The roads are for bikes too, dickwad. Keep it up and someday you'll get a U-lock through your windshield.

GuyOnTilt
01-28-2005, 12:57 PM

You're a dick too. Seriously. It's a freaking law. If you don't like it, vote accordingly in your local elections or support anti-thatlaw campaigns. Purposely endangering someone's life and making a conscious effort to inconvenience strangers at no benefit to yourself is just....stupid. Even if it's not a law in your locale, why would you do this? What's the purpose? I don't ride bicycles or anything, but if I did I sure as hell wouldn't want a bunch of dicks trying to "scare the [censored] out of me" by endangering my life just for their own personal enjoyment or whatever. And I'm sure I'd appreciate the ones who looked out for me (e.g. giving room on shoulders at lights, not blindly making rights at intersections, giving me plenty of room when passing me, etc.) so I'll do the same for them. The world would be so much better if more people starting thinking less selfishly in the small day to day things like this.

GoT

Alobar
01-28-2005, 12:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Thanks. I'll assume you're one of those assholes that likes to ride in the street when there's a perfectly good sidewalk, impeding traffic and making himself a danger to everyone. Probably like to go around whining about having a "right" to the road like everyone else?

[/ QUOTE ]

The sidewalk isnt for cycling. The average cyclist gets hit by a car twice in his lifetime, and usually its by some douche who think bikes should be on the sidewalk, or some idiot who cant just drive past.

I cant tell you how many times just minding my own business out training on my bike, I get [censored] thrown at me, A-holes who think its cute to act like they are going to run me off the road, people swearing at me, dumbasses he drive slow next to me and shout [censored]. But its way up in the hundreds.
I'm out doing something I love, why do people feel the need to be jerks about it?

You are in a 2 ton car, I'm on a 20lb bicycle, I take every thing very seriously in that equation, because your stupidity puts my life in jeapordy.

Yeah, there are some people on bicycles who dont know how to ride, who swerve around and make passing them a danger. Every group of people has their idiots. Do you try and sideswipe every car you pass people some people dont know how to drive a car?

fatmongo
01-28-2005, 01:00 PM
buckle up bitch

Sephus
01-28-2005, 01:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Whoa... that is brutal. I wonder if he survived that. I would imagine he fractured/dislocated his skull at a minimum.

[/ QUOTE ]

if he isn't dead or paralyzed i'd be pretty surprised.

jakethebake
01-28-2005, 01:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, it's not OK for cyclists to run red lights etc, but they should be granted the bike lane/shoulder to ride up to the light.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why should they? This is exactly why I'm a dick to bike riders. If you want a "right to the road" then you should have to obey traffic rules like everyone else. You can just wait your turn for the light. You impede traffic. You're slow. So I don't want you zipping up to the front, getting ahead of me and then slowing traffic in front of me so that fewer cars get through the light.

It's also annoying as hell when they ride right down the middle of the lane, keeping cars from getting by and making absolutely no effort to move to one side.

I guess, what i'm saying is if you want me to be courteous to you, then you should be courteous to me and most bike riders aren't.

jakethebake
01-28-2005, 01:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You're a dick too. Seriously. It's a freaking law. If you don't like it, vote accordingly in your local elections or support anti-thatlaw campaigns. Purposely endangering someone's life and making a conscious effort to inconvenience strangers at no benefit to yourself is just....stupid. Even if it's not a law in your locale, why would you do this? What's the purpose? I don't ride bicycles or anything, but if I did I sure as hell wouldn't want a bunch of dicks trying to "scare the [censored] out of me" by endangering my life just for their own personal enjoyment or whatever. And I'm sure I'd appreciate the ones who looked out for me (e.g. giving room on shoulders at lights, not blindly making rights at intersections, giving me plenty of room when passing me, etc.) so I'll do the same for them. The world would be so much better if more people starting thinking less selfishly in the small day to day things like this. GoT

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't do it for fun. I do it because I hate the way they impede traffic. IMO they're being selfish. They've already inconvenienced me. And by keeping them from getting ahead of me, I'm preventing them from doing it further.

jakethebake
01-28-2005, 01:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
or some idiot who cant just drive past.

[/ QUOTE ]
Probably because you're in the middle of the road.

[ QUOTE ]
I cant tell you how many times just minding my own business out training on my bike, I get [censored] thrown at me, A-holes who think its cute to act like they are going to run me off the road, people swearing at me, dumbasses he drive slow next to me and shout [censored]. But its way up in the hundreds.

[/ QUOTE ]
If you get yelled at that much, it's because you're riding like a dick. Seriously.

[ QUOTE ]
because your stupidity puts my life in jeapordy.

[/ QUOTE ]
You're impeding traffic, forcing cars out of their lanes to get around you. You're endangering everyone else.

[ QUOTE ]
Do you try and sideswipe every car you pass people some people dont know how to drive a car?

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't sideswipe cars or bicycles. i treat them the smae way. If someone can't drive, I honk at them too.

GuyOnTilt
01-28-2005, 01:12 PM
I don't do it for fun. I do it because I hate the way they impede traffic. IMO they're being selfish. They've already inconvenienced me. And by keeping them from getting ahead of me, I'm preventing them from doing it further.

You're not preventing them from doing "it" further. They're still going to be riding along the same length of road whether they do it now or in 30 seconds. All you're doing is exactly what you say you hate - impeding traffic.

What's the point of driving as close to them as possible and trying to "scare the [censored] out of them"?

GoT

Alobar
01-28-2005, 01:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I guess, what i'm saying is if you want me to be courteous to you, then you should be courteous to me and most bike riders aren't.

[/ QUOTE ]

So because some are idiots, you wrong them all? Do you beat up arabs to because some are terrorists?

MikeNaked
01-28-2005, 01:14 PM
Where does it start though? I have to be courteous first before you begin? Does EVERY cyclist have to become courteous before you start?

Read the friggin law. Bikes are granted a shoulder at the least. Yes, on occasion you have to wait 4.6 seconds to drive around a cyclist. Yes, some cyclists are morons and disobey traffic laws. But they are have a right to be there, just like your fatass SUV does. Get used to it, the number of bike commuters is increasing every year.

btw, "It's also annoying as hell when they ride right down the middle of the lane, keeping cars from getting by and making absolutely no effort to move to one side."

That's called: taking a left.

jakethebake
01-28-2005, 01:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Point of Clarification: The honking, etc. is what I do when I consider that the cyclist is being an [censored], riding down the middle of the road, etc. I'm not talking about driving around hunting down poor cyclists and scaring them.

jakethebake
01-28-2005, 01:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You're not preventing them from doing "it" further. They're still going to be riding along the same length of road whether they do it now or in 30 seconds. All you're doing is exactly what you say you hate - impeding traffic.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe you misunderstood. By moving close to the shoulder at the light, I'm preventing them from getting ahead of me and slowing me down again. So yes, I'm preventing them from doing it further. They stay behind me that way.

jakethebake
01-28-2005, 01:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
So because some are idiots, you wrong them all? Do you beat up arabs to because some are terrorists?

[/ QUOTE ]

Only on tennis courts.

Alobar
01-28-2005, 01:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
or some idiot who cant just drive past.

[/ QUOTE ]
Probably because you're in the middle of the road.

[/ QUOTE ]

wrong

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
If you get yelled at that much, it's because you're riding like a dick. Seriously.

[/ QUOTE ]

wrong, its because some people are just assholes. Why do guys wistle at hot chicks? Why do people drive by and try to open car doors on some kid on a bike. Because some people are just dicks.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
because your stupidity puts my life in jeapordy.

[/ QUOTE ]
You're impeding traffic, forcing cars out of their lanes to get around you. You're endangering everyone else.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not impeding traffic. If there is a bike lane, I'm in it. Drive on past. If there is enough room on the shoulder to the right of the white line, I'm in it. If for some reason I'm on a road with out either (which is rare because I plan my routes) then yeah, I'm gunna ride my bike on the asphault at least 6 inches from the gutter, if that happens to be far enough into the road where you actually have to take 20 seconds out of your life to wait for a time to pass me, then so be it.

One of the things they teach in bike safety is if you are on a raod like this, (no room to the right of the white line, no bike lane) dont hug the gutter, because cars will just drive past because they thing they have room because you are as far over as you can get, so they dont even slow down, misjudge the amount of room they have, and then you get hit with a sideveiw mirror or a bumper.

elwoodblues
01-28-2005, 01:25 PM
I don't get it...do you want them to drive down the middle of the road (and behave in the exact same way as a car, sharing the car's lane) or do you want them to have their own "lane" on the far right/shoulder. It sounds like you want to be a jackass to them either way --- honking if they're in your lane and taking away their lane. Nice guy.

Six_of_One
01-28-2005, 01:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'll assume you're one of those assholes that likes to ride in the street when there's a perfectly good sidewalk

[/ QUOTE ]

It is illegal to ride a bicycle on the sidewalk. So, "a perfectly good sidewalk" is irrelevant. The bicyclist is not choosing to ride in the street, he is required to do so.

jakethebake
01-28-2005, 01:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't get it...do you want them to drive down the middle of the road (and behave in the exact same way as a car, sharing the car's lane) or do you want them to have their own "lane" on the far right/shoulder. It sounds like you want to be a jackass to them either way --- honking if they're in your lane and taking away their lane. Nice guy.

[/ QUOTE ]

No. I'm not out to be a jackass to every bike rider, although I admit my initial statement sounded that way. I want them to do what they can not to impede traffic. That's all. They should be as courteous as possible to the other drivers. In return, I'm courteous to them. If they're assholes and drive down the middle of the road and slow everyone down, then I'm an [censored] back. And when a cyclist is impeding traffic, I sure as hell don't want him in front of me after I've already had to swerve around him once so I do cut him off.

Benjamin
01-28-2005, 03:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
One of the things they teach in bike safety is if you are on a raod like this, (no room to the right of the white line, no bike lane) dont hug the gutter, because cars will just drive past because they thing they have room because you are as far over as you can get, so they dont even slow down, misjudge the amount of room they have, and then you get hit with a sideveiw mirror or a bumper.

[/ QUOTE ]
Exactly. I've been knocked off the road onto a sidewalk in exactly this circumstance. No fun.

B.

mmcd
01-28-2005, 03:16 PM
What's the point of driving as close to them as possible and trying to "scare the [censored] out of them"?

Personally, I have no position on this matter, but the obvious answer to that question is to make them think:

"Damn, riding my bike on these roads is pretty dangerous, I could be seriously injured or even killed. Maybe I'll stop riding my bike in places where traffic conditions aren't appropriate for bicycling."

jakethebake
01-28-2005, 03:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Personally, I have no position on this matter, but the obvious answer to that question is to make them think:

"Damn, riding my bike on these roads is pretty dangerous, I could be seriously injured or even killed. Maybe I'll stop riding my bike in places where traffic conditions aren't appropriate for bicycling."

[/ QUOTE ]

That's always been my theory about honking at old people. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

BruinEric
01-28-2005, 03:27 PM
Is there any epilogue to this? How hurt was the door-opener guy. Wow.

AncientPC
01-28-2005, 08:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, cyclists have a right to the road. BTW I've gotten a ticket for riding on the sidewalk.

brassnuts
01-28-2005, 08:19 PM
actually its illegal to ride your bike on the sidewalk.

realwtf
01-28-2005, 08:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

On behalf of all my fellow bike-commuters, eat a fat one.

The roads are for bikes too, dickwad. Keep it up and someday you'll get a U-lock through your windshield.

[/ QUOTE ]

Some rider tries that with me there getting The Club wrapped around there head.

wacki
01-28-2005, 09:00 PM
wow

ThaSaltCracka
01-28-2005, 09:22 PM
damn.

BusterStacks
01-28-2005, 10:23 PM
Jeeeeeeeeeeeeez...OWNED.

gonores
01-28-2005, 11:27 PM
This would be funnier if, after showing the initial clip, they set the replay to the Benny Hill soundtrack and ran it backwards and forwards multiple times, at different speeds.

And, yes, this is a funny video because we all know that stupid douchebags like this cockclown always live through episodes like this while good people always die from meteors falling out of the sky.

thatpfunk
01-29-2005, 03:12 AM
How about we get a death warning with posts like these?

Thats some [censored] up [censored] man.

apd138
01-29-2005, 03:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
How about we get a death warning with posts like these?

Thats some [censored] up [censored] man.

[/ QUOTE ] You pretty much know its gonna be brutal, maybe not that bad but come on its the internet. Even most crazy [censored] becomes pretty pedestrian here.

bdk3clash
01-29-2005, 04:21 AM
"I'll assume you're one of those assholes that likes to ride in the street when there's a perfectly good sidewalk, impeding traffic and making himself a danger to everyone."

In NYC at least riding a bike on the sidewalk is illegal--you have to use the streets.

ThaSaltCracka
01-29-2005, 09:27 AM
this video ia a perfect PSA for wearing yout seatbelt.

ClaytonN
01-29-2005, 05:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Is there any epilogue to this? How hurt was the door-opener guy.

[/ QUOTE ]

BruinEric
02-01-2005, 03:19 PM
According to info at this link, the kid is alive.
Forum Thread on the door-opener guy (http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?s=56f5d33e9da0b5130753058d415310fc& t=708116&page=2&pp=25)