PDA

View Full Version : Party Skin RB compared to PS normal

flair1239
01-28-2005, 12:01 PM
I was not going to post this until I had either done the math or had the PT data to speak intelligently on the subject. But I am curious.

I recently got a 22% RB deal on Eurobet. I was checking out rake info on the Party Skins and Pokerstars. I am thinking that even with my RB deal, I will still be paying more rake (out of the pots that I win) on Eurobet than I will on pokerstars. Also throw in FPP points on Poker Stars for the things I actually want (a couple books and sat. tournie entries), I still think think on a per hand basis it is cheaper for me to play on Poker Stars.

I am playing at 2/4 right now, so this might not be true of the higher levels. Am I missing something?

BradleyT
01-28-2005, 12:24 PM
I think you'll be missing fish.

flair1239
01-28-2005, 12:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think you'll be missing fish.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have actually had good results on PS, over a small sample size (10,000-11,000 hands from .25/.50-2/4). My short theory is the smaller player pool at the full ring games, means you usually have better notes on the table as a whole, where most times on the Party skins 70-80% of the table is unknown sometimes.

But point taken in the long run I will miss the fish. But I am not talking about abandoning the Skins. I like playing Stars and Paradise (for the reasons I mentioned.) When I got the RB deal I thought I would be best served pulling my whole BR onto Eurobet, but after some rudimentary math, I am begiing to think that I am not giving up any EV, if I happen to see a good game on Stars or Paradise even though I am not getting a RB.