PDA

View Full Version : Speed Up?

krazyace5
01-28-2005, 11:46 AM
Shoulda reraised the turn.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $1 BB (6 max, 3 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

SB ($39.52)
BB ($101.7)
Hero ($68.5)

Preflop: Hero is Button with T/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
Hero calls $1, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to $4</font>, Hero calls $3, SB calls $3.

Flop: ($12) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, Hero checks.

Turn: ($12) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets $5</font>, Hero calls $5, SB folds.

River: ($22) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets $15</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $55</font>, BB calls $40.

Final Pot: $132

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
BB has Ks Kc (one pair, kings).
Hero has Tc 8d (straight, queen high).
Outcome: Hero wins $132. </font>

lil_o
01-28-2005, 11:51 AM
I like your line. You probably could have extracted an extra bet by minraising the turn. Hopefully you have more pots against the villian since he is an idiot not leading out on a drawless flop with KK.

TrailofTears
01-28-2005, 12:47 PM
Interesting calling the board drawless since our hero (you like that krazy?) hit his draw. I would say villain is an idiot for not betting on the flop when the board has a draw and villain has an overpair. Granted, this draw is there for a hand that shouldn't be calling PF raises /images/graemlins/mad.gif. But call them if you can outplay them post-flop, that's my philosophy. And I raise the turn to 15, but that's just me.

krazyace5
01-28-2005, 12:53 PM
I dont call raises with these hands preflop all the time but
if the big stack raises preflop I have been calling with caonnectors and gapped connectors once in awhile to try and break their stack. If I do not flop anything special I fold.

After it happened to me a few times I thought I better start trying it as well.

Also if this guy woulda made a nice raise on the flop I might of folded.

Raiser
01-28-2005, 01:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hopefully you have more pots against the villian since he is an idiot not leading out on a drawless flop with KK.

[/ QUOTE ]

Isn't this when you can check a flop? I'm not saying I would check this flop if I were villain, but if there is a time to slow down it is when someone can improve to a hand that still doesn't beat yours. In other words, when the board is not coordinated.

rickr
01-28-2005, 01:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Isn't this when you can check a flop? I'm not saying I would check this flop if I were villain, but if there is a time to slow down it is when someone can improve to a hand that still doesn't beat yours. In other words, when the board is not coordinated.

[/ QUOTE ]
The board is coordinated. Villian needs to ask himself what hero would have called a raise with. Normall paint cards, Ax, connectors, or Pockets. Giving a totally free card is totally wrong. Especially after raising preflop, NOT betting looks more suspicious then betting.

Later,
Rick

Raiser
01-28-2005, 01:58 PM
I didn't say this board was uncoordinated. I was addressing a more general situation where you have a big hand and don't mind people catching up a little if the board is uncoordinated.

For example. You raise from the button with JJ. Flop comes J72r. This might be a good time to check the flop and hope that someone with an A or K hits top pair on the turn.

rickr
01-28-2005, 03:38 PM
If I raise it preflop, I rarely check on the flop. At low levels everyone always assumes AK with every raise, so if I got a pocket pair and an ace or king doesn't show, they'll come over the top of you even when you bet. At least for me, when someone doesn't bet, that's when the alarms going off.

Later,
Rick