PDA

View Full Version : I am rep for Highlands

05-27-2002, 01:34 PM
Hi my name is Clark kent(SUPERMAN). I am a highlands representative.

The reason we have not been online is because our server cases, you know the things that cover our servers have not arrived yet in belize. They are still in china. We need the server covers because one of our techs suffers from siezures and always manages to spill his drinks on the computers. So the cases are crucial to us operating.

The second reason we are down is because we ran out of monopoly money. Rest assured more is being made and we will send it out to those owed asap.

The third and final reason we have shut down is because A couple of our shills and props quit thus making it impossible for us to scam and make anymore money.

I hope you understand. WAIT WAIT I SEE THE FEDEX TRUCKS!!! IT MUST BE OUR SERVER CASES YAY WE WILL BE ONLINE SOON !

05-27-2002, 01:46 PM
are you employed bg HIGHLANDS?

are you a member of the prop cheating team?

05-27-2002, 01:51 PM
yes I am the employee with the seizures who needs the server cases

LOL!!

05-27-2002, 02:03 PM
I'll try to make this simple enough so even the intellectually challenged such as you can understand it. There NEVER was a "prop cheating team" at Highlands. The props NEVER knew who the others were NOR the shifts each worked. There was NEVER and direct communication between props before, during, or after games. Now provided you understand what NEVER means,you should now, FINALLY, have your facts straight and can move on to making some other wild, baseless, irresponsible assertions.

05-27-2002, 02:09 PM
Why post under a new handle? I take it from your post you have some knowledge of the prop team. What were you ?

05-27-2002, 02:14 PM
Just wondering, does your payroll check clear the bank?

05-27-2002, 02:29 PM
ok 1st that is bullshit how you guys didnt know who the other props were. You guys had to know who the other props were or you could just ask and they would tell you. Just like the rest you are a lier too highlands prop!!

05-27-2002, 02:45 PM
Ah, another fine contributor that doesn't know what he is talking about. First, I was NEVER asked during my play if I was a prop. Second, NEVEER during the time I played was ANYONE asked if they were a prop. In short, prop info was never asked for nor disclosed during a live game, or at any other time. It would be refreshing to read a post from time to time which have some legitimate facts to back up wild assertions.

05-27-2002, 02:58 PM
if asked what would of been your answer?

05-27-2002, 03:09 PM
Speaking only for myself, my answer would have been "yes" because (1) lying is wrong and (2) MS Sunshine specifically instructed all props to "never lie" about being a prop. I was also never asked, and I never asked anyone else.

Let's get back to this "cheating" allegation that you made. You accused me and several others of being part of a "cheating team." Do you have a real name and some evidence to back your claim, or should we assume that you're another crank compensating for his failure at poker by anonymously slandering those who succeed?

05-27-2002, 03:14 PM
I would have answered in the affirmative, as I have nothing to hide. I would have referred the inquisitor to the Highlands floor person for any info beyond that as I was instructed to do. Actually, I played on Highlands from the beginning, left for a couple of months, and returned to prop. I always liked Highlands and wanted the site to survive. I had never propped anywhere before and did so out of a sincere desire to help the site. For the record, I fared much better when I could come and go as I pleased as a "regular" player. I fail to understand the animosity many poker players have towards props. Such animosity often displayed in posts here, stems from sheer ignorance, IMHO. Props are not utilized for collusion against other players, nor to steal money. I am a highly ethical person, and yes, have also been a prop. It will shock some of you to discover the two terms do not necessarily conflict. Even more of you will refuse to believe it. Your choice. These are my last words on this subject.

05-27-2002, 03:19 PM
You stated that props were never disclosed.

What did highlands have to hide. And by the way most people didnt make any money with highlands but only lost out went they went under.

PROPS SHOULD BE FULLY DISCLOSED. It is unfair to the other players to not disclose that you are affiliated with the house

05-27-2002, 04:00 PM
How is it unfair? Did we have secret decoder rings that let us know the flop?

Some props won, some lost. I would say, for the most part, the props that I worked with were much better poker players than most players on the site.

MS Sunshine

05-27-2002, 06:08 PM

05-27-2002, 06:17 PM
Get a life! Anyone who thinks props have an edge just doesn't know much about the "real world" of poker. There are a lot of drawbacks to being a prop and the only positive is a little money (either hourly or per hand). Most props I know (B&M and on-line) are just making a living like the rest of us--grinding it out by the hour. They don't have "inside" knowledge (sorta like the de-coder rings MS referred to), but they are, for the most part, very good, steady, knowledgeable, poker players. If you can't win against this kind of player, either learn how or stop bitching.

05-27-2002, 09:05 PM

05-28-2002, 12:27 AM
OK, here are my comments. First, I think that cardrooms, and probably Internet cardrooms, are too quick to hire props.

About 10 years ago, I wrote a paper with Donna Harris called "Cardroom Theory -- A Two Way Street." The paper now appears in my book Poker Essays, Volume II. Here's what we said about props:

Proposition players are people who play with their own money but are paid by the house to start games and keep them going. Props are hired when the core of regular players is not large enough to ensure that games will be available for drop-ins. If a cardroom deems it necessary to hire people for this job, it should strive to hire those with pleasant personalities.

Additionally, props tend to play in a tight and conservative style that promotes “no-action games,” which are extremely unpopular with most poker players. A majority of gamblers like action games.

If the cardroom is successful, it probably won’t require the use of props. The need for props is often directly related to the size of the rake or time charge, even though it might not appear so at

first. When a cardroom decides to charge high fees, it runs the risk of bankrupting many of its marginal players who are the core of any successful operation. When this occurs, the cardroom may need to hire props, whose salaries can be quite substantial. Thus, even though a high rake may be good for the cardroom in the

short run, it may be detrimental in the long run.

In other words, having props results in a “vicious circle.” They negate the higher rake and don’t promote action. Props do not equate to good games.

So as you can see, I'm not a fan of props, and think that in many cases the cardroom may be making a mistake by employing them or employing too many of them. However, even though this is the case, props are players just like the rest of us. Assuming that someone has an unethical advantage just because they are a prop is just not true and shows a lack of understanding as to how cardrooms operate.

05-28-2002, 02:15 AM
...the hallmark of most posters to the Internet Forum.

05-28-2002, 06:19 PM
Your clear error is the assumprion that internet poker is legal. It is not. Further,collusion among house players does take place at B+M. The ability for it to transpire in illegal internet poker is huge and unregulated. The primry purpose of these sites according to the FBI, and at least 2 congressional investigations, is to launder money. Your support of these sites differs very little from a head shop that supports illegal drug use through the sale of paraphrenalia.

The above is the truth. It is unfortunate that you know it is, and don't care.