PDA

View Full Version : Do you think she is hot?

MelK
01-28-2005, 10:24 AM
http://www.nicoledufresne.com/headshot-4-full.jpg

jakethebake
01-28-2005, 10:25 AM
Is that you, MelK?

Shajen
01-28-2005, 10:27 AM
not hot, but she could be with the right lighting/makeup/clothes.

Interesting face.

Reef
01-28-2005, 10:27 AM
you need a "meh" option

edit: clearly, we have very high standards in OOT land.

jakethebake
01-28-2005, 10:29 AM
kinda looks like marsha brady.

Evan
01-28-2005, 10:35 AM
I don't really like that I had to vote "no" because I do think she's very good looking, though I wouldn't call her hot.

MelK
01-28-2005, 10:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]
you need a "meh" option

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought meh = undecided in this context. What does it mean?

Reef
01-28-2005, 10:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
you need a "meh" option

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

hot=10, not hot=<10, meh= 5, undecided =?

meh, IMO, is like 'nothing special' or 'whatever'.

jakethebake
01-28-2005, 10:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
you need a "meh" option

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So we should just use a numeric system in the future?

Reef
01-28-2005, 10:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
you need a "meh" option

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So we should just use a numeric system in the future?

[/ QUOTE ]

yes

MelK
01-28-2005, 10:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
you need a "meh" option

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Come on now, you are saying a "9" is not still hot? Get real. By that standard "hot" is one in a thousand.

LaggyLou
01-28-2005, 10:47 AM
and this post is in very bad taste, IMO.

Reef
01-28-2005, 10:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
you need a "meh" option

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Come on now, you are saying a "9" is not still hot? Get real. By that standard "hot" is one in a thousand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, so I excluded 9's. 9's are still hot, I guess. Just not <font color="red"> HOT </font> hot.

edit: I'd say hot is about 1 in 100.

jakethebake
01-28-2005, 10:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Reef
01-28-2005, 10:53 AM
MelK, from your response.. I am led to believe that this is a pic of you. Right or wrong?

In any case, if I was the last man on earth and this woman was also the last.. the human species would flourish.

But as things are now? .. No, I would not try to get with or have sexual intercourse with this woman.

MelK
01-28-2005, 10:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The Winner!

http://www.nicoledufresne.com/

http://www.nypost.com/img/front012805.gif

January 28, 2005 -- A stunning 28-year-old actress died in her fiancé's arms yesterday after a Lower East Side thug answered her challenge — "What are you going to do, shoot us?" — by firing a single bullet into her chest, cops said.
Nicole DuFresne, of Brooklyn, had just left a trendy bar with her fiancé and another couple when they were confronted at about 3:15 a.m. by four muggers — two men and two women — at the corner of Clinton and Rivington streets, police said.

One of the thugs, who was carrying a gun, demanded money.

DuFresne's fiancé, Jeffrey Sparks, 28, not seeing the mugger had a gun and not taking the request seriously, tried to push past the man.

"At that point, using both hands, he hit me in the face with the gun," Sparks said.

The grieving fiancé said he and his friend, Scott Nath, started walking away, thinking the trouble would pass.

But as they did, the man tried to grab the purse of DuFresne's friend, actress and playwright Mary Jane Gibson. That's when DuFresne protested, telling the thug, "What are you trying to do? What are you going to do, shoot us?"

Ten seconds later, a shot rang out.

"I turned and I saw Nicole on her back on the street. Mary Jane was standing over her," Sparks said.

"I ran to her. I held her in my arms and begged her to hold on. But she gave me this look that pretty much told me she couldn't.

"She died in my arms. She died angry because she saw me hurt and bleeding."

DuFresne — a rape victim who listed "stage combat" as a skill on her résumé — was rushed to Beth Israel Hospital, where she was pronounced dead.

The four thugs fled with a cellphone and credit cards after emptying Gibson's purse.

DuFresne, Sparks and their friends were barhopping to celebrate her first night as a bartender/waitress at the new Rockwood Music Hall on Allen Street. The shooting took place shortly after they left the popular Ludlow Street bar Max Fish.

Sparks said the muggers were "young guys, very young, probably teenagers."

He said of the gunman, "It looked like it's probably the first robbery he'd ever done. He wasn't good at it."

Cops were reviewing footage from four security cameras at a nearby restaurant.

DuFresne and Sparks, both Minneapolis natives, moved to Greenpoint two years ago, he said.

She graduated from Boston's Emerson College magna cum laude, with a bachelor of fine arts in acting and a minor in playwriting and modern dance.

She also lists on her résumé 22 theater roles, four film roles and five playwright credits. She was a founding member of Present Tense Theater Project.

According to a posting on Present Tense's Web page, DuFresne was "researching and writing several pieces out of her small apartment in Greenpoint."

Sparks said DuFresne considered herself more of a playwright, adding that they were in the process of creating a pilot episode for the Food Network in which DuFresne would interview New York chefs.

"She drew people to her," Sparks said. "She was glowing with energy."

DuFresne last year took acting classes at LAByrinth Theater in Manhattan. David Deblinger, the theater's co-founder and one of DuFresne's acting teachers, said she "was a vital, talented, beautiful young woman, so motivated, and honest and passionate — exactly the type of artist we crave at LAByrinth. It is a terrible loss."

DuFresne was raped while at Emerson. She dedicated the first play she wrote, "Burning Cage," to Linda Johnson, a now- deceased therapist who helped her get through the ordeal.

"Like so many victims of rape, I kept it a secret for months," DuFresne said in an interview two years ago. "It was Linda who taught me the importance of dealing with tragedy head-on . . . to come out of hiding."

jakethebake
01-28-2005, 10:56 AM
We obviously have very different definitions of hot. To me hot doesn't necessarily imply she's a 10 or even a 9.

elwoodblues
01-28-2005, 10:58 AM
I've never added someone to my ignore list, but this just did it. That was pretty tasteless (and I'm not one who's easily offended.)

jakethebake
01-28-2005, 11:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The Winner!

[/ QUOTE ]

I still don't know why it's in poor taste? Is Marilyn Monroe hot? She's dead. Is that in poor taste to ask?

IndieMatty
01-28-2005, 11:00 AM
Is this the girl who was killed last night in NYC? Right outside a bar I have been to plenty of times. Scary [censored].

Edit: Yup it was, and this really isn't cool.

Reef
01-28-2005, 11:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I've never added someone to my ignore list, but this just did it. That was pretty tasteless (and I'm not one who's easily offended.)

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed

elwoodblues
Because questions of who is hot and who is not on this forum often turn into some people ripping on someone. It is in poor taste to encourage people to call the recently deceased "butter face" or something to that effect.

jakethebake
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Meh. To me the only thing that makes this tasteless is that it was intended to be taken that way.

jakethebake
01-28-2005, 11:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Because questions of who is hot and who is not on this forum often turn into some people ripping on someone. It is in poor taste to encourage people to call the recently deceased "butter face" or something to that effect.

[/ QUOTE ]

What is the official oot mourning period before we can refer to someone as a butterface? And I'm not saying she is. This just doesn't strike me as that bad.

sfer
01-28-2005, 11:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Is this the girl who was killed last night in NYC? Right outside a bar I have been to plenty of times. Scary [censored].

Edit: Yup it was, and this really isn't cool.

[/ QUOTE ]

IndieMatty
01-28-2005, 11:04 AM
It's clearly in bad taste.

jakethebake
01-28-2005, 11:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]
It's clearly in bad taste.

[/ QUOTE ]
Well clearly much, if not the vast majority, of what's discussed in ootia is. This just doesn't push my buttons the way it seems to some of you. *shrug*

elwoodblues
01-28-2005, 11:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
What is the official oot mourning period before we can refer to someone as a butterface

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know...let's just say at least 48 hours.

Call me crazy, but I think it is just a tad disrespectful.

MelK
01-28-2005, 11:09 AM
By posting it this way, instead of just posting the article, I allowed the thread to grow on its own momentum.

The shock of a hot (or not) girl being dead.

The gun control debate over a very liberal actress (bio is on her web site)

What constitutes acceptable posting behavior on OOT.

discuss whichever you please. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

smudgex68
01-28-2005, 11:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I still don't know why it's in poor taste? Is Marilyn Monroe hot? She's dead. Is that in poor taste to ask?

[/ QUOTE ]

You're stupid then

apd138
01-28-2005, 11:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed

[/ QUOTE ]

MelK
01-28-2005, 11:13 AM
http://www.nypost.com/photos/news01282005005.jpg
<font color="green"> "What are you going to do, shoot us?" </font>

IndieMatty
01-28-2005, 11:15 AM
Because this girl wasn't in the public eye (struggling actresses do not count). She just died, it's just not cool, what if you were her fiance and did a google search down the line to create an archive or something, and you came across this thread....what would you call him thin skinned if he was hurt by this?

jakethebake
01-28-2005, 11:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Because this girl wasn't in the public eye (struggling actresses do not count). She just died, it's just not cool, what if you were her fiance and did a google search down the line to create an archive or something, and you came across this thread....what would you call him thin skinned if he was hurt by this?

[/ QUOTE ]
Like I said, much, if not the vast majority, of oot discussion is pretty tasteless. I won't argue that this isn't, but it just doesn't strike me as much more so than a lot of it. I'm not trying to really make a rational argument one way or the other. I'm just sort of saying that's the way it strikes me.

IndieMatty
01-28-2005, 11:25 AM
Okily...I getcha. Oddly enough these days, this is a big story in the city. Crime like this is virtually non-existent.

El Barto
01-28-2005, 11:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This looks like a candidate for a Darwin Award.

jakethebake
01-28-2005, 11:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Now that was tasteless. /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

El Barto
01-28-2005, 11:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Now that was tasteless. /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

ReReading the article, it appears Mel attributed the quote to the fiance in error. The murder victim was the one who said "What are you going to do, shoot us?" after her fiance had been pistol whipped.

So, I guess she is the rightful recipient of the Darwin Award, an award that by her death, she has already received.

BTW, when it comes to survival, tastelessness is not the issue, being street smart and electing good leaders who will protect you, IS the issue.

jakethebake
01-28-2005, 12:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
ReReading the article, it appears Mel attributed the quote to the fiance in error. The murder victim was the one who said "What are you going to do, shoot us?" after her fiance had been pistol whipped.

So, I guess she is the rightful recipient of the Darwin Award, an award that by her death, she has already received.

BTW, when it comes to survival, tastelessness is not the issue, being street smart and electing good leaders who will protect you, IS the issue.

[/ QUOTE ]
Meh.

Rick Diesel
01-28-2005, 12:11 PM
I voted undecided. You need to find a picture that shows her body before I decide.

tyfromm
01-28-2005, 12:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I voted undecided. You need to find a picture that shows her body before I decide.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, we want the full body pics from the morgue. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

tyfromm
01-28-2005, 12:43 PM
Which of these girls are "hot"?

http://www.poeforward.com/mrperfumery/deadgirls/future/missing/hacking.jpg
http://www.poeforward.com/mrperfumery/deadgirls/future/missing/kristine-found.JPG
http://www.poeforward.com/mrperfumery/deadgirls/future/missing/chandra-found.JPG
http://www.poeforward.com/mrperfumery/deadgirls/future/missing/dru-found.JPG

BottlesOf
01-28-2005, 01:14 PM
Which bar? I've gone to bars right aroudn there a few times...scary stuff.

IndieMatty
01-28-2005, 01:19 PM
Max Fish

Number4
01-28-2005, 01:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Reef
01-28-2005, 02:10 PM
If your post was made in humor, I personally do not find it funny. At all.

Rick Diesel
01-28-2005, 02:22 PM
only the second one

VBM
01-28-2005, 02:50 PM
howabout we instead discuss what a jack-off you are.

dude...what's wrong with you?

Reef
01-28-2005, 02:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
only the second one

[/ QUOTE ]

ummmm

Ulysses
01-28-2005, 03:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the truly offensive post IMO. If you're going to post stuff to try and get a rise out of people, at least take the time to read the article first. I know words are hard, but at least try.

ThaSaltCracka
01-28-2005, 03:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]I don't think it was.

tyfromm
01-28-2005, 04:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]I don't think it was.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are a lousy judge of character, and based on your picture, you are a dweeb too. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

The correct answer is, only the girl in the first picture is hot. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

daryn
01-28-2005, 05:22 PM
the answer is no.

IndiGenus
01-28-2005, 06:10 PM
This will be the last time I check out this topic. And I thought some of the other topics were littered with tasteless morons who have nothing better to do than post ideotic crap. This takes the cake.

jakethebake
01-28-2005, 06:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
morons who...ideotic crap. This takes the cake.

[/ QUOTE ]
Beautiful. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

bwana devil
01-28-2005, 06:27 PM
I think this thread is a test of human decency and looks like about four posters failed. I hope none of you have children.

And tyfromm, I never knew Dru from Grand Forks but had friends searching for her while she was missing. (used to live there) You can leave her picture off your effecked up punchline of a joke.

bwana

CCx
01-28-2005, 07:19 PM
not to beat it into the ground, but this post is absolutely friggin' disgusting and tasteless

MelK
01-28-2005, 07:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the truly offensive post IMO. If you're going to post stuff to try and get a rise out of people, at least take the time to read the article first. I know words are hard, but at least try.

[/ QUOTE ]

This thread is all about your egos. If the posters in this thread did not feel tricked into voting on the girl before finding out who she is, they would not be upset. And El D is upset just because I misquoted the guy. HA.

We talk about dead people all the time. Hitler sucks, Stalin sucks, Marilyn Monroe was hot. Wait, I can't talk about them because they're dead.

Get over your egotism already.

CCx
01-28-2005, 07:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If the posters in this thread did not feel tricked into voting on the girl before finding out who she is, they would not be upset.

[/ QUOTE ]

Or there are those of us who read the news this morning, and find the topic of discussion absolutely fu<font color="red"></font><font color="black">cking disgusting. It has nothing to do with ego, sorry.....</font>

fluff
01-28-2005, 08:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
We talk about dead people all the time. Hitler sucks, Stalin sucks, Marilyn Monroe was hot. Wait, I can't talk about them because they're dead.

[/ QUOTE ]

If that is your conclusion, not only are you a tasteless prick, you are also a class A moron.

AngryCola
01-28-2005, 08:55 PM
Go away.

Nobody finds you interesting or amusing besides yourself.

That's great for you, but just leave already.
If you are trying to stir crap up for your own enjoyment, congratulations.

But all you are really doing is showing what a pathetic collection of cells you happen to be.

Thank you.