PDA

View Full Version : tanenbaum as writer?

SenecaJim
01-28-2005, 10:19 AM
How reliable ( or good info ) are tanenbaum's articles?

GreywolfNYC
01-28-2005, 11:52 AM
I think Barry's columns are excellent and the advice he gives is first rate. He has been a working pro in Las Vegas for a number of years and his "real world" perspective is very valuable. I especially enjoyed a column he wrote that was entitled "Inside the Expert Mind". Rather than tell you about it I'll just paste the link to it here. (http://www.cardplayer.com/poker_magazine/archives/?a_id=13251&m_id=62)
I have worked with Barry one on one and he improved my game a lot within an hour of our first conversation.

Warior
01-28-2005, 12:54 PM
I'll second wolf, writing style might not be the most refined but is an excellent teacher and student of the game. If you ever get out to Vegas spending a few hours withh him is a very worthwhile investment in your game.

johnnybeef
01-28-2005, 02:05 PM
that article was excellent. thanks for the link.

npc
01-28-2005, 10:41 PM
I find his articles to be top-notch. His column is the first one I read in Card Player.

SenecaJim
01-30-2005, 07:15 AM
thanks for the replies AND for the link.

SinCityGuy
01-30-2005, 07:43 AM
Barry's articles are well written and easy to follow. He goes into significant detail about his thought process during the course of the hands.

Some of the FPS players think he plays too tight, but his record speaks for itself. He's been a winning player for many years.

jim grass
01-30-2005, 09:36 AM
Having known barry personally I definitely will say his understanding of the game(s) is beyond reproach.
He also is a dynamic character.
You`ll never go wrong in following his thoughts.
He is one hell of a speaker.

jim

deacsoft
01-30-2005, 10:13 AM
I too have had the oppertunity to meet Mr. Tanenbaum in person. He is without doubt the sharpest poker mind I have ever had the pleasure to meet.