PDA

View Full Version : Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right . . .

Scotch78
01-28-2005, 09:58 AM
Button's stats are very LAGgy, but only have 60ish hands on him. All I know for sure is that he bet a flop into the pre-flop raiser with an open-ended draw. No notes on the SB, but he's very loose-passive. Folding felt kinda weak to me, but I just didn't like being the meat in this particular sandwich.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 3 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
Button <font color="#A500AF">(LAG)</font> calls, SB <font color="#A500AF">(LP)</font> completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (3 SB) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
LP checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">LAG raises</font>, LP calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, LAG calls, LP calls.

Turn: (6 BB) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
LP checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, LAG calls, LP calls.

River: (9 BB) 4/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">LP bets</font>, Hero folds

Scott

spydog
01-28-2005, 10:28 AM
I don't fold this. I call the LP's bet and fold if it's 2 back to me.

Argus
01-28-2005, 10:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't fold this. I call the LP's bet and fold if it's 2 back to me.

[/ QUOTE ]
I think this is very reasonable. The club is a scary card, but not so scary that I'm folding two pair for a single bet in a 10BB pot.

My more serious concern is with this statement:
[ QUOTE ]
All I know for sure is that he bet a flop into the pre-flop raiser with an open-ended draw

[/ QUOTE ]
What's wrong with this? It depends how many players are in and such, but the flop misses pre-flop raisers too and with even 3 players you can bet an OESD for value. I don't think that's a read that he's a lag.

Scotch78
01-28-2005, 10:34 AM
At 10-1 I would have no problem calling this, but was (overly?) worried about it being 13-2. If I was the button would you call two cold?

Scott

Scotch78
01-28-2005, 10:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
What's wrong with this? It depends how many players are in and such, but the flop misses pre-flop raisers too and with even 3 players you can bet an OESD for value. I don't think that's a read that he's a lag.

[/ QUOTE ]

PT said he's a LAG, not the lone read. And if I remember correctly, the pot was heads-up. Flop came T7x and he had 98.

Scott

spydog
01-28-2005, 10:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]
At 10-1 I would have no problem calling this, but was (overly?) worried about it being 13-2. If I was the button would you call two cold?

Scott

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think LAGman will raise the river after a better and caller unless he has me beat. If he does, then I fold even though I'm getting better odds than my first call.

If I'm the button and it's 2 cold to me, then I fold.

djoyce003
01-28-2005, 10:59 AM
terrible fold...pot is just too big and too often these guys fire a river bet on any card hoping you'd fold because they plan to call 1 bet anyway.

Scotch78
01-28-2005, 11:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
terrible fold

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, that's how I felt, too. That hand was my second judgmental error in about 10 minutes, so I finished out the orbit and called it a day. Figured I'd post the hand to give myself some negative reinforcement and on the off chance that it wasn't as bad of a fold as I thought.

Scott