PDA

View Full Version : Showing Cards

SDA004
01-28-2005, 09:39 AM
What is everyone's view on showing cards? My general rule is either show a lot or don't show at all. Also if I sit down at a table and get a big hand and take down like my first or second pot I'll show the hand just to let them know I'm not playing around with [censored].

Any thoughts?

SheridanCat
01-28-2005, 10:38 AM
Why would you want them to know you're not messing with them? Never show if you don't have to. My opinion anyway.

Regards,

T

swede123
01-28-2005, 10:48 AM
I was playing in a SNG last night with the wussiest players ever. Everytime I raised they gave their blinds away. But since the blinds were still way low it was taking too long. So I started showing my cards whenever I stole with crap. Of course, this backfired and once when I had a good hand I got sucked out on and knocked out =) Oh well...

Cheers,

Swede

SDA004
01-28-2005, 10:54 AM
I guess in hindsight it backfired, but you actually accomplished what you wanted getting callers on a big hand.

sean c
01-28-2005, 11:49 AM
I only show cards to set up plays never to confirm to a player they made a good lay down.

CountDuckula
01-28-2005, 11:56 AM
I show very, very rarely. If I do, it's either to encourage people to think I'm bluffing a lot (I'll show some crap hands), or that I'm just getting a really good run of cards (I'll show a couple of monsters). And then only if I really think it's necessary, to get them to keep calling my good hands down, or to get them to stop picking off my bluffs.

The vast majority of the time, though, my theory is that I don't want to give information away.

-Mike