PDA

View Full Version : What/where to play with $100?

05-26-2002, 10:54 PM
I've made a bet with my friend over who can make the most money playing online poker. We will each start with $100 and whoever has the most money after 50 hours of play wins the bet. We can play any game on any site, but no tournaments and only one game at a time.

If you were in on this wager where/what would you play?

05-27-2002, 12:59 AM
if your good play short handed HE games

05-27-2002, 01:07 PM
Unless otherwise stated in your agreement I would not play a single hand. The worst that can happen is that your friend overcomes the incredible odds of making $100 last 50 hours to begin with and manages to show a profit. Upon which case you still have your $100 and can pay off the bet amount. I am assuming the bet is equal to or less than $100.

The above advice is how to win the bet. If you are attempting only to show testerone then it does not matter as you both will most likely lose the $100 and tie.

A more sensical path would be for you both to set up an account at the same site, play each other heads up and determine the loser by who loses all their money first. The one with chips left is the defacto winner.

All my reasoning is based on the steep learning curve regarding online poker. Not that I believe neither you nor your friend know how to play properly. The fact alone that you are on this forum shows you are probably an above average player or at least open to learning and others' opinions.

Probably have not been much help but my advice is always worth what you paid for it.

Jimbo

05-28-2002, 01:54 AM

05-28-2002, 08:33 AM
Of course it depends on what you do best...SH and HU will have greater swings so since the time is limited I would avoid that.

If i was limited to a period of 50 hours i would choose a full table of 1-2$ holdŽem at partypoker or paradisepoker and play it very tight and unimaginative. But thats just me... I am usually wrong.