PDA

View Full Version : 6-Max

Reef
01-28-2005, 06:30 AM
Did a search, found nothing.

How is NL 6-max hand selection changed from full ring game? How is preflop raising changed? What about limping with A8o or A9o?

I'm an NL 6-max noob. All help appreciated

warlockjd
01-28-2005, 06:53 AM
Almost exclusively from $100 NL 6 max, here are my PT profitable hands.

I restarted my DB so I only have 32K hands.

All Pairs
AKs-ATs,
AKo-ATo
KQs-K9s
KJo (I have leak with KQo)
QJs, 98s, 76s, 63s, 62s, 53s, 43s,

Note that for a big part of my DB I was coldcalling rzs HU with suited connectors too much, so that's why it looks weird.

Hope this helps.

ipp147
01-28-2005, 07:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Did a search, found nothing.

How is NL 6-max hand selection changed from full ring game? How is preflop raising changed? What about limping with A8o or A9o?

I'm an NL 6-max noob. All help appreciated

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi Reef,

Your big unpaired non-suited cards go up in value AQo/AJo etc. Your smaller speculative hands, suited connectors etc go down.

I am still far too tight in preflop raising but AK/AQ/AJ/AT, any pair down to and including 99 is about where I am at. You can probably add A9s/KQs/KJs etc to this. Depends on the table.

I find player reads all important. At a full table it is harder to trap/isolate the looser and weaker players unless you have a good position on them as there are 8 others to contend with.

At 6 max this is rarely the case and you only really need 2 poor players on your table to make it a profitable visit.

I play during European hours so the tables are probably slightly tighter but I have a 50% ASF on the $25 NL 6 max tables.