PDA

View Full Version : What's wrong with my BB/100???

Wej
01-28-2005, 05:58 AM
http://www.jakegarn.com/pokerstats.gif

My BB/100 is absolutely horrible! Do I have a gigantic leak? Is my sample size to small? Is it not as bad as I think? Should I quit poker forever? Any advice is appreciated. If you need more stats than what I've included PLEASE let me know! Thanks!

wuarhg
01-28-2005, 06:57 AM
I have 5k hands at 5/10 6-max and I'm -40bb. What are you whining about?

My opinions:
1. Defend your BB a little more
2. Raise a little more preflop (maybe not neccessary, i've seen players with PFR around 10 doing good?)
3. Steal some more.

spydog
01-28-2005, 07:06 AM
Steal more. Defend more. Limp less.

I've only played 25k hands at 5/10, but I've had an 8k hand stretch in the red and an 8k hand stretch at >4BB/100.

Bottom line is that your play can probably be improved but your winrate is meaningless after 8k hands.

Post hands.

srw5n
01-28-2005, 10:08 AM
You Button and Cut off numbers are way too tight. You appear to play the same top hands regard less of position. If you're first in come in for a raise and play more hands particularly on the button.

Your SD and Var. will increase, but so will your winrate.

Scotch78
01-28-2005, 10:19 AM
Sample Size Man says come back when you've had a 10,000 hand losing streak and/or 300BB downswing. Scotch says he won't listen even then though. Poor losers are bad enough, but anyone who whines about winning 1.5 BB/100 deserves to be a loser for caring more about his dick size than his poker game.

Scott

Gazza
01-28-2005, 10:21 AM
1.5 BB/100 is not bad at all if you don't worry too much about position

Gazza

MAxx
01-28-2005, 10:31 AM
nuthin. > 0 = Good.

Rubeskies
01-28-2005, 12:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Is my sample size to small?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ding Ding Ding

PS, people get mad when posters complain about winning money.

stinkypete
01-28-2005, 12:46 PM
you're a tightass that folds too much.

bunky9590
01-28-2005, 12:54 PM
Nice one Scottie!

Those 200BB downers will put a big drain on the BB/100.

Im at like 12k hands this month on Party skins and I'm under 1BB/100. And I'm happy about it. Though on champs Ive had a good month as well.

50k hands will give him a better idea of where he's at.

I'm hoping to level out somewhere around 1.5-2BB/100 in this roller coaster hell that is 6 max. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Grisgra
01-28-2005, 01:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
you're a tightass that folds too much.

[/ QUOTE ]

Beat me to it. Though I would have said "wussy tightass".

I've seen people whine about losing money/breaking even after a small set of hands, but whining about winning 1.5BB/100 after 8k hands, that really takes the cake.

lehighguy
01-28-2005, 02:11 PM
Sample size to small + too tight on button in terms of VPIP. Also, in MP I raise alot more, why limp and let the [censored] behind you raise, then you [censored] if you don't hit on the flop. ANd if they trip raise you at least that gives you mad info about thier hand. Besides if they all do fold you just let the blinds of easy. Anyway that's just my style, my PFR and VPIP are almost the same.

You need to win more hands in non blinds to make up for extra blinds. Also, you are pushing really small advantages in SH as opposed to large advantages like in full ring.

Wej
01-28-2005, 03:11 PM
Thanks for putting it in perspective Scotch! I have close to 80K hands in other games, I just wanted to fix any obvious problems before I get that high, I'm new to Limit AND SH... it's an adjustment.

Wej
01-28-2005, 03:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Also, you are pushing really small advantages in SH as opposed to large advantages like in full ring.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks! This is the info I was looking for, I'm used to much, much higher BB/100 on other games so this number alarmed me. To everyone else, I'm not complaining by ANY means, just trying to improve my game. I've got 80K+ hands under my belt on NL full tables and I've found it's much easier to adjust bad habits when you've had < 10K hands than after 50K. Especially when one plays multiple tables at once and must play mostly on auto-pilot.

Everyone's been a great help, you're right, I have no positional play and I'm a wussy tight ass. After a good cry I'm going to drag myself back to the table and improve! :-)

PennDisc
01-28-2005, 04:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Also, you are pushing really small advantages in SH as opposed to large advantages like in full ring.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the wording in this statement might be slightly off. The advantages during a hand are generally the same as in a full ring game, but the lack of information about a hand makes many plays very marginal in the long run. The fact that your opponents' range of hands can be so much wider means that great play after the flop can be very rewarding. Getting a good read on an opponent's post flop play (ie. bets 2nd pair or worse, checkraises top pair, etc.) can help you get a dominating advantage. This also greatly increases the advantage of position in a hand, as you have less information to go on and seeing your opponents' flop actions becomes even more important. This makes all the difference in the world when deciding what to do with a hand like 2nd or bottom pair on the flop because you can't always dump hands like this in a short-handed game or you'll be leaking chips like crazy. These are marginal situations over the long run because you may or may not be ahead, but if you have the best hand with 2nd/3rd pair, you likely have a solid advantage in chip equity against 1 or 2 opponents in a shorthanded game and must bet for value and to protect your hand.

Scotch78
01-28-2005, 04:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I've found it's much easier to adjust bad habits when you've had < 10K hands than after 50K. Especially when one plays multiple tables at once and must play mostly on auto-pilot.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd highly recommend playing two tables at most while learning short-handed. It's just too fast and requires too many careful decisions to learn on autopilot.

Scott

PS If you're skin is thick enough to take my [censored] as advice, I wouldn't worry too much handling the swings /images/graemlins/wink.gif.

Scott