PDA

View Full Version : Newbie to short hand play...

outofstep
01-28-2005, 05:45 AM
Hi. I've been playing full ring limit games for quite some time now, most .5/1 tables. I'm crushing that game but would like to get into some shorthand play since it more profitable.

I know that PP has 6max starting at 1/2. Are there any sites that offer a lower limit? What kind of bankroll would I need to play? Also, what should my Poker Tracker stats like after X number of hands? What defines a good 6max table vs. a bad 6max table? What can I expect as an average win rate/100?

Sorry for all the questions, just wanna know what I'm getting into first. Thanks for all the help

chezlaw
01-28-2005, 05:55 AM
pokerstars has a 0.5/1 6 max game

spydog
01-28-2005, 07:17 AM
Bankroll should be 300BB at the lower limits, assuming you are a winning player.

If you are crushing .5/1, then you probably have the roll necessary to tackle Party's 1/2 games. They are incredibly bad.

Poker Tracker Stats: This is a tough one. Generally speaking, VPIP should be between 20-25%. PFR% should be between 10-15%.

Almost all the 1/2 6max tables at Party are good. Just keep away from those with more than 1 TAG. This shouldn't be hard. I like to have 2 or moreloose passive players and at least 1 LAG at my table, but not more than 2.

Winrate: This depends on your skills and how well you are running. A shorthanded beginner should be able to win 2+BB/100 at Party's 1/2 game after 25k hands. A very good player could probably win 4+BB/100 over a 60k hand sample.

outofstep
01-28-2005, 01:32 PM
Thanks for the advice. It's been reall helpful. I got a couple questions. When I enter a table with no reads, should I assume that my opponents are LA, LP, TP, or TA? How do the 2/4 and up at Party compare to the 1/2 tables, in terms of toughness?

SomethingClever
01-28-2005, 01:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Thanks for the advice. It's been reall helpful. I got a couple questions. When I enter a table with no reads, should I assume that my opponents are LA, LP, TP, or TA? How do the 2/4 and up at Party compare to the 1/2 tables, in terms of toughness?

[/ QUOTE ]

I've got 20K hands of 2/4 on Party skins, and I just gave the 1/2 6max on Party a shot yesterday for the first time.

In my short experience, the 1/2 6max is way softer.

As for determining what kind of opponents you're up against, you should use either playerview or gametime+. Do a search for more info.

Yads
01-28-2005, 02:30 PM
UB has limits as low as .25/.50 for 6 max.