PDA

View Full Version : 400bb downswing is over.. yay.. and thanks

bobdibble
01-28-2005, 04:38 AM
Whew.. I am sure hardly anyone cares, but my entry into 5/10 back in dec started with a 300bb upswing over a few weeks, followed by a brutal 400bb downswing in like 3 days.

I stepped back to 3/6 full to collect myself.. since I felt bruised and battered at short. Then, came back.. and have been crushing the game (unsustainable win rate) over the last 10K hands. (SampleSizeMan, you can blow me)

I think I had some brutal beats last month during the downswing, but I can tell my game has improved as well. I feel like something clicked on wrt 5/10 short play for me.

The hand swap/review last month was helpful. Tosh pointed out some places where I was being a bit too tight, and others where I was being a bit too weak.

I've also learned alot from reading the hands on this forum, and from posting some of my own.

My psychological game has been improving too. I never really had too bad of a problem with tilt, but I've been working on controlling my emotions. GoT has a great post in the psychology forum about this where he advocates not "hoping" for things. GoT's emotionless poker thread (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Board=psych&Number=1542904&F orum=f12&Words=&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Main=1542904 &Search=true&where=bodysub&Name=2926&daterange=1&n ewerval=10&newertype=w&olderval=&oldertype=&bodypr ev=#Post1542904) I took this to heart and litteraly think, and sometimes say, "No emotion" as the cards are dealt. Doing this before the good/bad event happens, has done wonders for my focus. I am sure the increased focus has been a +EV event for me. Not only in terms of BB/100, but in terms of stamina to play. I am about to play about twice as long per session now before I get fatigued.

Ok.. wrapping all this up into game play:

I've loosend up some since coming back as I am now 24/17 pre-flop, am defening more (folded to steal: sb 73, bb 55) am stealing more (31), am more aggressive post flop (2.75/3.19/2.51), and am cr'ing a lot more (now 2.5% of total actions, too much?)

I'm sure I have more swings to come, but kicking things off with a 400bb drop is sure to make most future swings look minor. Heck, I've had 2 or 3 60bb downswings on my way back up and they felt like nothing.

5/10 short.. how I hate to love thee.

p.s.

Thanks again.

Alobar
01-28-2005, 04:39 AM
welcome back into the fray man /images/graemlins/smile.gif