PDA

View Full Version : Did anyone see the poker segment on ABC's Primetime Live tonight?

01-28-2005, 03:11 AM
I just caught the last 3 minutes of it. They were interviewing some players(Doyle, Ivey, Lederer, Duke, Reese & Chan) at a table in the Bellagio poker room and then they spent some time talking about Annie's TOC win. What was really funny is they interviewed Phil and he said "if you were to put together the top 8 players in the world for a tournament would Annie Duke be included? Absolutely not."

If anyone saw the whole segment, what did they talk about for the first 75 percent of it?

skoal2k4
01-28-2005, 03:57 AM
Woman Takes Unlikely Road to Poker Fame (http://abcnews.go.com/Primetime/Entertainment/story?id=448830&page=1)

IronDragon1
01-28-2005, 04:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
In fact, at the [Doyle Brunson North American Championship], not a single one of the professionals was left standing at the final table. It was a reminder of the long odds that even the best in the business face on any given day.

[/ QUOTE ]

I remember that tournament. Sure was a one for such noted amatuers as Erik Seidel, John Juanda, Carlos Mortensen and David Pham.

I know that they couldn't do a freakin' roster check of every "professional" poker player but cm'on...

skoal2k4
01-28-2005, 04:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]

I remember that tournament. Sure was a one for such noted amatuers as Erik Seidel, John Juanda, Carlos Mortensen and David Pham.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol... nice /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Daliman
01-28-2005, 05:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]

I know that they couldn't do a freakin' roster check of every "professional" poker player but cm'on...

[/ QUOTE ]

Those guys suck. How good can 3 foriegners and a wimpy looking bald guy be?

Walter Pullis
01-28-2005, 12:42 PM
Poker is probably getting "too big" in the media sense. And big media will probably screw it up. We may look back at 2000-2004 as the golden age of poker.

Cleveland Guy
01-28-2005, 12:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I just caught the last 3 minutes of it. They were interviewing some players(Doyle, Ivey, Lederer, Duke, Reese & Chan) at a table in the Bellagio poker room and then they spent some time talking about Annie's TOC win. What was really funny is they interviewed Phil and he said "if you were to put together the top 8 players in the world for a tournament would Annie Duke be included? Absolutely not."

If anyone saw the whole segment, what did they talk about for the first 75 percent of it?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think Annie herself would admit that. She knows she isn't the top 10, escpeically in Holdem, in fact I think she will tell you Omaha H/L is her best game.

01-28-2005, 04:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Poker is probably getting "too big" in the media sense. And big media will probably screw it up. We may look back at 2000-2004 as the golden age of poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think so. I think there's at least another good 3-5 years minimum of huge poker growth. At least, I hope so.

gusly
01-28-2005, 05:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Poker is probably getting "too big" in the media sense. And big media will probably screw it up.

[/ QUOTE ]

You ain't seen nothing yet. Just wait until Stacked (Daniel Negreanu's poker game for XBox and PS2) is released. Bible-thumping politicians are gonna be up in arms about the corruption of children, and the TV "news" magazines are gonna have a field day.