PDA

View Full Version : A check/fold that must be done?

DrGutshot
01-28-2005, 03:11 AM
just played this one, PP 10/206max

Button is LAG preflop (50/25), and tame postflop (1.05AF)
SB is loose/pas preflop (35/3), and tame postflop (1.18)

I openraise in MP with 9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif9 /images/graemlins/club.gif, button 3bets, SB calls, BB folds, I call.

Flop: 733r

SB checks, I bet, button raises, SB folds, I 3bet, button calls.

Turn: 4o

I bet, button calls.

River: A

I check, he bets...

-DrG

Alobar
01-28-2005, 03:15 AM
no way in hell do I fold that river.

The only way I even check that river is if I think he will bluff with his missed KQo or similar crap.

DrGutshot
01-28-2005, 03:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
no way in hell do I fold that river.

The only way I even check that river is if I think he will bluff with his missed KQo or similar crap.

[/ QUOTE ]

even if my read was that he was very tame postflop?

-DrG

Joe826
01-28-2005, 03:25 AM
i think you gotta bet this river. check/calling would be ok, but definetly don't fold!! i have no idea what "tame" post-flop means. if it just means he calls alot, then you're probably good. the only thing that would lead me to believe he has a decent chance of having an ace is the preflop action, but given his disposition to raising with random hands it's hard to say.

Alobar
01-28-2005, 03:29 AM
I wouldnt qualify 1.05 as tame enough to check/fold the river cuz an ace falls and he bet. Maybe like .05 and I would /images/graemlins/smile.gif

and if he is so tame, what is he raising the flop with? You should have folded right there, cuz he is so tame he wont raise with overs, so it has to be a PP, and chances are its bigger than yours then.

There is like what, 8BB in the pot on the river? I guaruntee one time in 8 you will see 66, 55, K7s KQo/some other broadways he tried to bluff with

Alobar
01-28-2005, 03:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i think you gotta bet this river.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, im not sure which I like better the more I think about it, check/calling or beting. It all depends on him I guess. If he was entirely capable of 3 betting PF with a hand that has a 7 in it, then I prolly bet. But other wise I think I check/call as he prolly bets with more hands you can beat, than calls with hands you can beat.

Evan
01-28-2005, 03:32 AM
Why would you ever fold?

Joe826
01-28-2005, 03:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
But other wise I think I check/call as he prolly bets with more hands you can beat, than calls with hands you can beat.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah i was wondering about this too. since opponent is "tame" i figured he'd call with alot of hands that he'd check through, and also wouldn't bluff as much. you're right though, totally depends on the opponent.

rory
01-28-2005, 05:22 AM
I like checking and calling the river because the guy is a LAG preflop-- he could easily have two big cards here without an ace. Even though he does not get out of line postflop, your check may have induced him to bluff with KQ or KT or whatever he decided to 3 bet with-- something like that. I think checking and folding is not as crazy as everyone is making it out to be, but since this guy could have a wide range of hands not including an ace, I think you should call the river.