PDA

View Full Version : Sometimes I get a little aggressive

slavic
01-28-2005, 03:08 AM
Muckleshoot 30/60 in general bets and raises mean things.

Folds to a very preflop aggressive MP player who opens. He'll open many hands in this position, two pictures, trash aces, suited connectors, enough hands that he's playing a little less than a 3rd of the pots. A LP player who I have not seen before cold calls, so far I have not seen him raise big aces(he limps even in unopened lp pots), he doesn't call much or play many hands but playing after the first player he may be quite horrible yet playing better because of the LAG, or the limit is a bit above him, or he's just a rock. I'm not sure yet. I look down and see AQo on the button, this is normally a 3 bet for me in this position but the player on my right has me a bit worried so I decide to call. The two blinds call, now these two gamble and they would call 3 also, the more I think about it I like the 3 bet more and more just because of the extra money they will lay into the pot. (yes they would call a cap with 23o, I’ve seen it. 72 would have to be suited)

5 to the flop 10SB

A /images/graemlins/club.gif 5 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

checks to the PFR who bets, LP calls, I raise, sb folds, BB calls 2 cold, PFR calls, LP folds.

3 to the turn 8.5BB

5 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

checks to me I bet, BB calls, PFR raises, I 3-bet, the BB seems to really like his cards but folds anyway, PFR just calls.

River is a non flushing blank. 15.5BB

PFR raiser checks to me, now I know I'm suppose to take the free showdown here, but with this board I can't. In addition He’s due for the call down here, I’ve been 3 betting him fairly heavy preflop and he’s been bailing on quite a few hands on the flop. He has already picked up his bet to call so I go ahead and bet.

Routine or overdone?

NLSoldier
01-28-2005, 03:28 AM
Considering your read on the PFR and the blinds, I think you should definately 3 bet preflop. Youve got a good hand and best position, might as well get as much in there as possible.

I really like your turn 3 bet, it looks like he has AdXd and if thats the case then youve got to charge him the max on his draw. Im guessing he would cap PF with ace king and its pretty tough to put a 5 in his hand and a better 2 pair isnt a possibility so basically the only hand you have to worry about is 33 imo.

On the river he's probably paying off with an ace and from my experience when people pick up their chips to call it almost always means they are paying off and really don't want you to bet.