PDA

View Full Version : Packerfan's Internet Stupidity (long)

05-25-2002, 10:59 AM
I must have been brain dead for 24 hours. Thought you'd enjoy a chuckle or two from my stupidity

Thursday Night PS $30 NL Tourney.

I've cashed in the last two tourneys I've played in so I'm feeling really good about my game. Then I do this unbelievable newbie-like stupid thing:

Second level (that is always a bad start to a story). T1500 in chips with 15/30 blinds. 27 minutes in, i havent played a hand, when I pick up QQ in the Cutoff. 3 limpers and I make it T150, happy to pick up the pot now. Now the EP limper makes it 450. He also has not played a hand. This makes it obvious that I am either beat or barely ahead of AK. So when it is folded back to me I do what I fold... no wait I pushed the call button.

Flop comes Axx two diamonds. Now he checks! This means one of two things: He has AA or he has KK. Period. I lose to both of those. I check too.

Turn comes the 3rd diamond. I have Qd. He bets about half my stack. I should fold. Nope I shove it all in apparently forgetting my earlier analysis. He really doesn't hesitate in calling... with KdK. DUUHHH!

This was the stupidest thing I have ever done in my tourney experience. lol. I still cant believe it was me.

But wait... it gets worse!

5/10 Truepoker 11:30 last night.

This is the new standard for FPS.

KK in EP. I raise. MP caller and BB call.

Flop 589. Check, I bet, MP calls, BB drops.

Turn Q. I'm gonna check-raise now

Hey where are my cards going? Hey why is the pot being pushed to him? OMG I pushed the FOLD button! MP shows me TT as he apparently thinks his call induced me to fold. WTF was that Mike?! Guess it's time for bed. CEO David, please make the FOLD button larger and a vibrant red color so that my monkey-brain doesn't do that again.

DUUUHHHHH! I are Mensan.

Amazingly that was the second time yesterday I pushed the wrong button. I accidentally raised the turn when I meant to fold.

Anyone who was the recipient of this money who would like to return the donation to the new chairman of the terminally stupid, I will forward my address.

Now, don't flock to my table now to try to take advantage of my deteriorating brain power. /images/smile.gif

I will shave my head if I hit the wrong but... DOH!

Michael

Be the flop...

See the flop...

You're not being the flop, DAnny.

05-25-2002, 12:46 PM
Yay, i pushed wrong button yesterday to, Holding K J suit at 10/20 party.. flop comes K J 6 rainbow... and turn K, on player desided to semibluff the raiser with Q 10 and another player call... river comes A he get straight and the other player hang in ..to bad i foolded!! Pot 220 before betting on turn ..YAY riv /images/frown.gif

05-28-2002, 12:52 AM
I was playing 2/4 PokerStars, got dealt KTo in very early position. I was goign to click fold, but I accidentally raised! 3 callers. Flop comes three babies, so I bet the flop, since I raised (felt "obligated"). Late position raised me all-in by 25 cents, so of course I call. Everyone else calls. Turn comes a T!

I bet, call-call or something like that. River another low card. I end up with a nice pot. /images/smile.gif

Another time, on TruePoker, I got dealt AA. And folded preflop!!!! But I think the hand ended up where I would have lost. /images/smile.gif (I don't know if my raise preflop would have changed that, I didn't think so).

- Tony