PDA

View Full Version : Standard QQ Hand. I forget what I am supposed to do on River?

MAxx
01-27-2005, 11:42 PM
Villain is extremley loose passive:

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, MP calls.

Flop: (6 SB) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, MP folds.

Turn: (4 BB) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

River: (6 BB) 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero ....

Final Pot: 6 BB

ggbman
01-27-2005, 11:45 PM
I would check call and expect to be good arounf 40-50% of the time.

MAxx
01-27-2005, 11:55 PM
why not value bet?

Joe826
01-27-2005, 11:56 PM
extremely loose passive? bet.

he could have an ace, but he's probably not folding a 9, a 7, or any other pocket pair. combine this with the chance that he decides to bet with the ace when you check to him and i think betting is clearly right.

ggbman
01-28-2005, 12:25 AM
If he is that passive he could well have an ace here and not have raise it. He could even have 2 pair. I think my posts show that i am generally aggressive, but i think this is a check call. If your opponent is passive and a flat out horrible player, then i might value bet.

imitation
01-28-2005, 12:30 AM
bets, value, easy you know it.

Joe826
01-28-2005, 12:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Villain is extremley loose passive

[/ QUOTE ]

balkii
01-28-2005, 02:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
bets, value, easy you know it.

[/ QUOTE ]

spydog
01-28-2005, 08:46 AM
Why on earth would anyone check here? This hand is like the posterchild of value betting.

Gazza
01-28-2005, 10:11 AM
If you check he will check all his garbage and bet his ace which you are forced to call.
If you bet he will call with his ace and all his garbage pairs. In the extremely unlikely event of this player raising you have an easy fold.
The only argument in favour of checking is that it may induce a bet from a missed draw (what did he call the flop bet on if this is the case - sorry, stupid question, there are many who call on nothing )but it is surely more profitable to just bet this river.

Gazza

cjx
01-28-2005, 10:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If you check he will check all his garbage and bet his ace which you are forced to call.
If you bet he will call with his ace and all his garbage pairs. In the extremely unlikely event of this player raising you have an easy fold.
The only argument in favour of checking is that it may induce a bet from a missed draw (what did he call the flop bet on if this is the case - sorry, stupid question, there are many who call on nothing )but it is surely more profitable to just bet this river.

Gazza

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly. I don't think there is any other way to play that river.

MAxx
01-28-2005, 12:16 PM
yall are right, i should know better. texbook 101.

i didnt want to post results...because of the shame of bumping this embarrassing question again.

well at least i wont do it again.

MAxx checks, Loose Passive checks.

Loose Passive has K7o and I am sure he would have called a river bet. He would not have raised a worse hand, he would have probably called with a few better even.

shame shame