PDA

View Full Version : 77 in 50-100 Heaven

HiatusOver
01-27-2005, 10:22 PM
Fish in this hand I am not totally sure how much of a fish he is, but he has played 2 orbits, limped 50-60 percent of the hands we have played and I am basically positive he is very bad.

So, fish limps UTG, I limp with Black 77 right next to him...MP raises (He is tight/normal), One Floater on the button and the BB comes.

5 Ways to this Flop : 10 /images/graemlins/heart.gif6 /images/graemlins/spade.gif4 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

2 checks to me, I bet, everyone folds to the fish and he calls
Turn : J /images/graemlins/club.gif

he check and calls my bet

river 5 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

He checks and I should?

Also is the flop bet routine for everyone? what do I do when raised? If there was another late position player would the flop bet still be right?

TStoneMBD
01-27-2005, 10:28 PM
id raise preflop here to isolate the fish when my hand may easily be dominating him. postflop i like the flop lead and the turn bet. river check.

TStoneMBD
01-27-2005, 10:34 PM
dont mean to hijack your thread here, but as a side topic, if you have a fish at your table and a thinking TAG raises him to isolate, would you be inclined to 3bet him on the button or coldcall with strong hands if you think the fish would fold for 2 more bets?

HiatusOver
01-27-2005, 10:39 PM
Only problem with this question is the definition of a fish is they usually wont fold for 2 bets...If they arent a big enough fish to call the 2 more bets once they already entered, then 3-betting is probably still usually right

bobbyi
01-27-2005, 10:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
dont mean to hijack your thread here, but as a side topic, if you have a fish at your table and a thinking TAG raises him to isolate, would you be inclined to 3bet him on the button or coldcall with strong hands if you think the fish would fold for 2 more bets?

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't have a definite answer, but it is interesting to note that even if your EV on the hand is higher by just calling, you might still perfer to reraise because you want to show the raiser that he will be punished for isolating the fish to discourage him from doing it in the future, thus allowing you to play hands with the fish in there that you would otherwise have to fold.

HiatusOver
01-27-2005, 10:41 PM
Hey Bobby, I never realized you were from Gamehendge before. Pretty heady little community...listening to 3-13-92 right now. Disc 2 Mound>Fluffhead>Antelope>BBFCFM>Antelope, Wilson>Brother>Horse>Silent

bobbyi
01-27-2005, 10:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Mound>Fluffhead>Antelope>BBFCFM>Antelope, Wilson>Brother>Horse>Silent

[/ QUOTE ]
Wow, that's a sick setlist. My buddy I was on tour was completely baffled by the fact that I hoped we would get a BBFCFM.

Sometimes when I see your name it makes me sad because hiatus isn't over anymore /images/graemlins/frown.gif.

James282
01-27-2005, 10:56 PM
I definitely bet the river. He sucks, there were two undercards on the flop, what more do you need.
-James

HiatusOver
01-27-2005, 10:58 PM
I think you are right James...but if he sucks and is passive isnt there a good chance he has a J or Ten? I wasnt sure what kind of sucks he was at the time...Is the flop bet standard? If the good player in MP raises me do I fold for one more bet on the flop?

Stork
01-27-2005, 11:28 PM
I bet as well.

And the Free Bird acapella cover pawns all /images/graemlins/cool.gif (hint: it's on Live 16)

Paluka
01-28-2005, 01:19 AM
This flop bet feels close to me, it definitely feels pretty lucky that you get heads up against the fish. If there was another late position guy your bet would really be pushing it.

HiatusOver
01-28-2005, 02:05 AM
Paluka I agree that it feels pretty lucky how it ends up...if I check what the hell do I do then though?