PDA

View Full Version : Pacific Poker $10 NL tables???

cwsiggy
01-27-2005, 07:57 PM
Someone on PokerStars told me there were $10 NL tables with something like .10,.20 blinds at Pacific Poker? Has anyone tried these tables if it is true and what are they like. I'm assuming suckout central but fun.

mason55
01-27-2005, 08:01 PM
Yeah I play on them a lot. Pretty loose and bad preflop but people actually play somewhat intelligently postflop. As far as I can tell all their NL games are the same, no matter what the buy in. The blinds are $0.05/$0.10. And the games are very profitable. The only problem is that you can't multitable!!!! I'm just sticking at Pacific until i have the BR to take better advantage of deposit bonuses at other sites, which won't take me long based on how bad the players are.

mason55
01-27-2005, 08:02 PM
Oh the only bad thing is that they rake uncalled bets, so if you push in on the turn and no one calls, they rake your money. Likewise if you bet $10 and someone only has $5 to call, they rake your other $5 also.

cwsiggy
01-27-2005, 08:04 PM
hmmmm - bummer about the no multitabling, but then again probably better for me so I can concentrate as I am rather new to cash games. Might give it a try. Many thanks.

P.S. What site do you feel is the best for the fishies? Party? Empire (Are these two affiliated)

mason55
01-27-2005, 08:07 PM
Party and empire are affilliated and use the same tables. Most people will say party/empire/pokernow/eurobet (all use same tables). I think the players on pacific are worse but it's really not worth playing unless you have a specific reason or don't care about multitabling and don't use pokertracker because pokertracker doesn't work with pacific

poboy
01-27-2005, 09:33 PM
Yes they just recently added NL ring. So far they only have a $10,$50,$100, and $200 table(the big blind is 1% of buyin). They are incredibly easy to beat(the 10's that is), most people there are completely clueless. I have to explain what things like TPTK,pot odds, and outs are at least once a night. There are very few 2+2'ers that play there, which is obviously a good thing. In fact I would go so far as to say even a chimp could make money playing these tables. The downside is that their software is horrible, you can't multi-table, and it doesn't work with PT. Overall it's my favorite site though. JMO

poboy
01-27-2005, 09:34 PM
Do you use the same name on Pacific as you do on here? I think we may have played one another before.

mason55
01-27-2005, 09:55 PM
yup. i'll keep my eyes open for you.

mason55
01-27-2005, 09:56 PM
and why are you explaining things liek pot odds!?!??!

poboy
01-27-2005, 10:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
and why are you explaining things liek pot odds!?!??!

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess I'm just a nice guy. /images/graemlins/grin.gif I should probably quit doing that though, if any of them actually listened to me they might start taking my money. I use the name pchris on there, though now that I know you frequent 2+2 I probably won't sit at your table too often. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

mason55
01-27-2005, 10:13 PM
cool... i'll keep an eye open for you, dont' know any other 2+2ers that play pacifc NL ring games, so i might sit down and play some hands with you and just stay out of your way.