PDA

View Full Version : How Do You Open a Bottle of Makers Mark?

sthief09
01-27-2005, 07:53 PM
over the winter I got a bottle of Makers Mark. I've heard it was good and the bottle looks cool so I got it. I figured the top would be easy to get off, but I had to take a knife and cut off the plastic/wax crap piece by piece until I got to the top. it took me like a half hour to get the damn thing open, which was just a screw on cap. how the hell?

mantasm
01-27-2005, 07:53 PM
pull the strip

SomethingClever
01-27-2005, 07:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
pull the strip

[/ QUOTE ]

You forgot step two.

1) Pull the strip.
2) Enjoy.

M2d
01-27-2005, 07:55 PM
I opened a bottle last weekend. took me about half a minute.

mantasm
01-27-2005, 07:58 PM
yeah well you forgot step 3:

3. Get tore up.

sthief09
01-27-2005, 07:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
pull the strip

[/ QUOTE ]

you mean the long "drip" hanging down? I tried that? maybe I'm just a retard but that thing pissed me off

mantasm
01-27-2005, 08:01 PM
There should have been a little red tab up by the cap, it's hard to dig out sometimes though

cnfuzzd
01-27-2005, 08:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
over the winter I got a bottle of Makers Mark. I've heard it was good and the bottle looks cool so I got it. I figured the top would be easy to get off, but I had to take a knife and cut off the plastic/wax crap piece by piece until I got to the top. it took me like a half hour to get the damn thing open, which was just a screw on cap. how the hell?

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
we have a top shelf open bar. last year the result was me arguing with my girlfriend about how to get back from a diner 3 blocks away, she went the right way, I went the wrong way and stumbled around the streets of NY blacked out for 3 hours, getting from 112th and Broadway to 75th and Madison (possibly further but that's the only sign I remember) with no money and in a suit.

[/ QUOTE ]

try it sober, or, ask your girlfriend.....

peace

john nickle

SomethingClever
01-27-2005, 08:02 PM
No, there should be a little bump about an inch down from the top of the bottle. You pick at that until you can get a grip on it and rip.

It's like opening a FedEx package.

You don't start pulling from the bottom of the melted wax.