PDA

View Full Version : Recent 109 Bubble Hand.

iMsoLucky0
01-27-2005, 07:42 PM
Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t300 (4 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Hero (t3940)
UTG (t3480)
Button (t1315)
SB (t1265)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to t600</font>, Button folds, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to t1265 (All-In)</font>,

Hero ???

The table had been pretty tight/passive, and I had been able to steal fairly easily, as well as double up at a key time to get to the position I was in.

I was prepared to push back into the other big stack and use my leverage, but then the middle (short) stack pushes.

I considered moving in over the top here with the odds the pot was laying me, but I decided to protect my stack, as I feel I am better than my opponents and can outplay them with my 3600 chips regardless of the outcome of this hand. I did not feel that risking these chips with (at best) a coinflip was in my best interest.

Another option was smoothcalling the raise in hopes of getting the other big stack to call too, and then playing the hand from there. I didn't like this option because if he reraises allin I am really in a dilemma, and I could just be dumping chips to the shortstack.

So after consideration, I folded. Thoughts?

gazarsgo
01-27-2005, 07:52 PM
This is an easy fold for me, mostly because of UTG's raise and your chiplead. Even if you're ahead, preflop, your best case is very unlikely (both underpairs) and your best reasonable case is overcards. This makes coming over the top of the small blind better than smooth calling (so you're only playing against 1 set of overcards, since you can't be sure as to whether they share outs or not), but if UTG has reasonable overcards he's not going away, since he likely has SB dominated.

I think you shouldn't smoothcall with a holding that you aren't comfortable calling UTG's coming over the top of you raise, and if that's the case, the only reason to smooth call is if your holding is strong enough that you WANT UTG to come over the top.

Regardless, I think if the play is as you say it is, you want SB to double up so you can continue to capitalize on outplaying your opposition on the bubble here -- enough so to fold 77, but not enough so to fold a premium pair...

raptor517
01-27-2005, 09:01 PM
auto fold, no question.

iMsoLucky0
01-29-2005, 02:59 PM
Is it really that easy a decision? I thought it might deserve at least some consideration

Anyone else care to give their input?

Big Limpin'
01-29-2005, 03:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Is it really that easy a decision?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. You are gone.