PDA

View Full Version : Should I buy this plasma tv?

DonButtons
01-27-2005, 06:11 PM
http://www.lcdtvs.com/lcd/Product.asp_X_Sku_Y_VPW450HD_Z_whi_Y_plasma_Z_whi_ sub_Y_VIEWSONIC_Z_whi_main_Y_Plasma%20Tvs

Its a viewsonic 42" Plasma with HDTV, and 1024 x 1024 resolution.

I called the place, and it comes with a stand and he's going to throw in free speakers and the shipping costs $175.

Ive had a good month in multis and decided to buy something for my dorm in college.

What do you guys think? Any other recommendations or is this a good deal?

IndieMatty
01-27-2005, 06:13 PM
Seems pretty cheap. go to cnet.com and see what they say about it.

I actually think its worth it to get a cheap plasma now, the technology is going crazy and you'll feel a lot better in 2 years when you want to get a new one.

Fix your link brah!

pshreck
01-27-2005, 06:13 PM
Awesome TV, but absolutely ridiculous to buy for a dorm, especially at a school like Tulane.

There is the whole possibility of breaking a really expensive item, plus its really showy to have a tv like this. I would say buy a tv at the fraction of that price, and wait to get something this nice for an apartment.

ThaSaltCracka
01-27-2005, 06:15 PM
I refuse to answer because your link is absurd. use the UBB code.

BusterStacks
01-27-2005, 06:24 PM
serious question here, why do you care about the length of the link?

NLSoldier
01-27-2005, 06:25 PM
Dont get that tv for your dorm. It will get broken, you will get really pissed, probably kill the kid who breaks it, and wind up in jail. -EV, -EV, -EV!

ThaSaltCracka
01-27-2005, 06:26 PM
its stretches the threads about, very annoying for text to have to scroll to the side to read it.

citanul
01-27-2005, 06:46 PM
How big is your dorm room? wtf?

learn to use the ubb code linking, using the link below the text entry box. it's not hard, and people get really persnickity about it when you don't.

If you simply must have a plasma tv because you'll die if you don't, get like a 20" or something (or a 20" monitor") instead of blowing the money on a stupid tv you don't need right now, take your friends out or throw a party. lots of women and booze. that's the ticket.

citanul

jdl22
01-27-2005, 06:47 PM
What's the over/under on this getting jacked from your room?