PDA

View Full Version : A couple quickies...

cjx
01-27-2005, 05:40 PM
Alright, villain (Big Blind) is very loose and very aggressive. 86% 30% 3.18. My only question is call or raise the river. I feel confident SB doesn't have me beat (at the very worst SB has AK as well).

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO folds, Button folds, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (12 SB) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Turn: (7.50 BB) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

River: (10.50 BB) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero ???

Final Pot: 13.50 BB

Villain in this one has $36 left, BUT I have over 100 hands on him and he's got a massive 2% preflop raises.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP with T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, Button folds, SB folds, BB folds, Hero calls.

Flop: (7.40 SB) J/images/graemlins/club.gif, 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (4.70 BB) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero ???

He's got 1.6 BB left. My action is? Should I test him or just let him get all in and let the chips fall? I mean, he's not gonna ditch Kings or Queens here right? Once a guy gets this close to the felt they usually just try to get the rest of the chips in the middle in my experience.

cjx

djoyce003
01-27-2005, 05:56 PM
Hand 1 - I'm thinking that the proper thing here is generally a raise, because he's pulling that weird bet out on the river....seems like i win 80% of the time when they lead out on the river (especially uber LAGS like this one), unless it's a flush card that hits. That being said, it usually takes me so offguard that i call

Hand 2 - Raise he has KK or QQ. He's got to have the case ace plus Q or K to go with it. He can't fold so you might as well put him all in.

Stormwolf
01-27-2005, 06:22 PM
There is no real purpose on raising on hand 1, he knows where you at, if he got there fine, if he was bluffing he wont call. Going for the overcall seems better
Hand 2, check and just let him do a stupid all-in like all shortstacks do, thats why we love shortstacks /images/graemlins/cool.gif
edit: a better line would be, check-call the turn and on river , bet, he will fell temptated to call even with as little as king high