PDA

View Full Version : Rate my play

otnemem
01-27-2005, 05:04 PM
Three consecutive hands on Poker Room.

#1. One limper in MP, I have KK on the SB. I raise. BB folds, limper calls. Flop is Ace, Rag, Rag. I bet out. He raises. I call. I check the rag turn, he bets, I fold.

#2. Same limper in MP. I raise with AA from CO. Both blinds fold. Limper calls. Flop comes King, Queen, Rag. MP bets, I call. The turn is a blank. MP bets, I raise, MP calls. River is a King, for a board of
K-Q-x-x-K. MP checks, I check.

#3. Four limpers. I call in the LP with 7-7. The flop comes 9-9-Q. Checked around. The turn is a 2. Checked to me, I bet. SB calls, rest fold. The river is a 10. SB checks, I check.

Thoughts?

Peter H
01-27-2005, 05:07 PM
1) fine
2) depends on the player. if he is super loose/calling stn id prolly value bet riv, but if he is more staight forward only leading into pref raise w/ top pr then ck is fine
3) fine

rory
01-27-2005, 05:07 PM
Hand #1: check and call if he bets and figure out what to do on the turn.

Hand #2: bet and fold to a raise on the river

Hand #3: nice hand.

kendal14
01-27-2005, 05:09 PM
I think 1 and 2 are fine, but isn't hand 3 a raise from LP preflop. The rest of hand 3 I like.

Peter H
01-27-2005, 05:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
isn't hand 3 a raise from LP preflop

[/ QUOTE ]

nope, what does the raise accomplish? not getting value b/c u dont have 8way action for ure chances of flopping a set. are u hoping for a free card? that free card is not worth the 1sb extra u are putting in pref if u miss.

kowboy
01-27-2005, 05:48 PM
1. Dont see a problem, if you have a line on your player you may check call.
2. Raise on the flop might work because the board is somewhat coordinated you can see where your at. But nothing wrong with the popping the turn with the blank. Like the check on fifth, what to do if he bets again?
3. I like a raise from the back with a pair, I can easily get away from it with no help and I can narrow the field possibly. With the flop coming 9,9,Q, you can take the pot away with your pre-flop raise or get away if its popped back. A limp could have easily let A9 or Qx into the pot, where they might have folded to a raise. /images/graemlins/spade.gif

otnemem
01-28-2005, 08:50 AM
1) Well, none. I folded.

2) MP shows down K-J, beats my A-A with trip kings.

3) SB shows A-10, pairing his 10 on the river.

This was not a bad beat thread. Just wanted to see if people thought I lost as little money as possible. Thanks for the replies.