PDA

View Full Version : Got a new job....guess it's time for a new car (OT)

SossMan
01-27-2005, 04:36 PM
Sorry for the off topic post, but I post mostly in MTT so F-U if you don't like it...

had my 2nd interview for a pretty sweet new job yesterday and they offered me the job /images/graemlins/grin.gif

same base salary as I'm making now plus .3% commission on all sales ($5-7 mil / month in sales)

The best thing is that I can see Bay101 from my office window. Sweeeeeet!

Anyway..I'm treating myself to a new car. (http://automobiles.honda.com/models/model_overview.asp?ModelName=Accord+Hybrid&bhcp=1& BrowserDetected=True)

No real point to this post except to brag...carry on.

MLG
01-27-2005, 04:39 PM
kick ass. congrats man.

DVC Calif
01-27-2005, 04:44 PM
Congrats Soss! The new car looks great! Be as comfortable as you can, 880 can be a real MF'er sometimes.

Steve

SossMan
01-27-2005, 04:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Congrats Soss! The new car looks great! Be as comfortable as you can, 880 can be a real MF'er sometimes.

Steve

[/ QUOTE ]

trust me, i know.

junkmail3
01-27-2005, 06:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
same base salary as I'm making now plus .3% commission on all sales ($5-7 mil / month in sales)

[/ QUOTE ]

So ... are you'll make about $15,000/month in commission?

And if so ... why are you only getting an accord?

nolanfan34
01-27-2005, 06:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh good, someone else did the math for me. Good lord, why even play poker? /images/graemlins/blush.gif

Congrats man on the new wheels. I'm surprised though, for a hybrid the gas mileage isn't as good as I would expect. My car gets almost 30 MPG, and I have a crappy 96 Pontiac Sunfire.

sdplayerb
01-27-2005, 06:55 PM
congrats dude.
i was going to give you [censored] for getting a honda, but a hybrid makes it all good. my next car will definitely be a hybrid, but probably one of the SUV ones.
And you also have more dough for big tourneys.

SossMan
01-27-2005, 07:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

And if so ... why are you only getting an accord?

[/ QUOTE ]

no just an accord. an accord hybrid. 255 hp v6 38mpg.
what can I say, I'm a tree hugger.
oh, and I get to ride in the carpool lane without a passenger (unless they the Federal Gov't overrules the California voters). You can't imagine how much time that will save me with the amount of driving I do.

SossMan
01-27-2005, 07:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh good, someone else did the math for me. Good lord, why even play poker? /images/graemlins/blush.gif

Congrats man on the new wheels. I'm surprised though, for a hybrid the gas mileage isn't as good as I would expect. My car gets almost 30 MPG, and I have a crappy 96 Pontiac Sunfire.

[/ QUOTE ]

255 hp v6, 38mpg

SossMan
01-27-2005, 07:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
And you also have more dough for big tourneys.

[/ QUOTE ]

after I win the WPT Shooting Star, hopefully this hole thread will be moot.

nolanfan34
01-27-2005, 07:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
oh, and I get to ride in the carpool lane without a passenger (unless they the Federal Gov't overrules the California voters).

[/ QUOTE ]

Good god, in that case, that's worth the purchase price of the car alone!

It does look like a sweet car, I like Honda's.

other1
01-27-2005, 07:38 PM
What do you sell? Thats a lot of sales a month.

sdplayerb
01-27-2005, 08:14 PM
did you already win a sat to get in? if so, congrats.

my sights are a little lower, the San Diego WSOP event in a little over a month.

SossMan
01-27-2005, 08:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
oh, and I get to ride in the carpool lane without a passenger (unless they the Federal Gov't overrules the California voters).

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

you would really have to be in an area like LA or Bay Area or Seattle to really appreciate how nice this will be. I'm talking about an hour a day in saved drive time a day. Plus I save $3 anytime I go over a bridge during drive time (6am-9am, 3pm-7pm)

SossMan
01-27-2005, 08:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What do you sell? Thats a lot of sales a month.

[/ QUOTE ]

Commercial real estate loans. It's not really that much. It's just an insanely good split %.

SossMan
01-27-2005, 08:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
did you already win a sat to get in? if so, congrats.

my sights are a little lower, the San Diego WSOP event in a little over a month.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, I won a sat about a month ago for the 10k.

nolanfan34
01-27-2005, 08:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Seattle to really appreciate how nice this will be.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hence my appreciation. I'm surprised I haven't heard about that law in Cali.

SossMan
01-27-2005, 09:08 PM
It passed on the ballot, but was awaiting fed approval. aparently, they already have it in DC, but the carpool lanes were getting clogged and providing a disincentive to carpool.

JaBlue
01-27-2005, 09:12 PM
Typical bay area... If I made that kind of money I'd be getting a much nicer car.

Whatever floats your boat.

david050173
01-27-2005, 09:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

you would really have to be in an area like LA or Bay Area or Seattle to really appreciate how nice this will be. I'm talking about an hour a day in saved drive time a day. Plus I save $3 anytime I go over a bridge during drive time (6am-9am, 3pm-7pm)

[/ QUOTE ]

The hybrid accord is pretty sweet but you might want to verify that you are going to be allowed in HOV if that is a deciding factor. Last I heard the law required you to get 45 mgp which the accord doesn't. Of course if the get approval that part is likely to be removed (ford wants their hybrid SUVs in the lanes also). I am also betting the advantage will last about 2 years until those lanes get clogged up as much as the other lanes.

drexah
01-28-2005, 10:01 AM
hybrid? you pu$$y! get a beemah. grats on the new job

SossMan
01-28-2005, 02:56 PM
i don't need a beemer...I already have a large penis.

Algasm
01-28-2005, 03:31 PM
15k a month doing loans. I need to quit Engineering. I thought you were going to say you sold semiconductors or something. Maybe I should just do Real Estate full time.
Congrats on the new job. That's a lot of coke and hookers.
My next car is going to be a hybrid also.

Mr_Oog
01-28-2005, 03:43 PM
Congrats man. I understand the joy of the carpool on 880; worth every penny for that car. I have to disagree about the joy of being able to see Bay 101 though. I work on Bering and when the job gets frustrating the lure of the place is palpable.
/images/graemlins/wink.gif
-Mike