PDA

View Full Version : College Hoops 1/27

JupiterUWG
01-27-2005, 04:06 PM
anybody have any solid plays for tonight in college ball?

Indiana
01-27-2005, 04:43 PM
I like Michigan +16 against Mich St...Sagarin's got them at a 13 point differential...This 16 point divide is probably too much...Also this is a big ten rivalry...Won't be a 16 point or more win for Mich St..

Indiana

JupiterUWG
01-27-2005, 04:59 PM
I was thinking of that as well, but am slightly gunshy about it because horton is out and it is at michigan state. If the rivalry factor takes over, Michigan should hang around but this is critical because the talent advantage is soundly in state's favor.

andrewbross
01-27-2005, 05:13 PM
Pacific -1 over Cal-Northridge is the LOCK of the night, I do this for a living cash this one tonight and I'll tell you more tomorrow. Pacific the class of their league wins this for fun tonight.

Waterproof
01-27-2005, 06:37 PM
If you did this for a living, you would know to never say LOCK

CCx
01-27-2005, 07:03 PM
Putting a small bet on a trend pick in Washington +4 at AZ, they are 6-0 ATS in their last 6 at AZ, and even though the game is on some SERIOUS triple revenge for AZ, Washington has a more talented team. Again, small bet for fun chasing a trend /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Wake up CALL
01-27-2005, 07:13 PM
I'll go with you on this one CCx, I am in love with trend plays. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

andrewbross
01-27-2005, 07:34 PM
When I say LOCK it is a stone cold winner, it's my college hoops GAME OF THE YEAR! Giving it FREE so you can get a taste of what I can do for any serious sports bettor.

MicroBob
01-27-2005, 09:20 PM
this post is really amusing.
but thanks for joining in the discussion.

Sounds like you intend on spamming away IF your stone-cold lock Pick of the Year comes through. If that is the case I look forward to referring your future posts to the moderator.

Back to the original topic at hand:
I took Michigan +15.5 thinking they would slow the game down to try to stay in it.
They tried doing that...but are still down by 14 in the early 2nd half so it ain't lookin' good.

null
01-27-2005, 09:49 PM
I got Pacific last night at pick, but it's only my Triple Platinum shoe-in of the day. For my $$LocK of the YeaR!!!$$$, you only have to pay the low low price of $99.99/week.

Don't worry if you don't have the cash now, I'll have another lock of the year next week.

MicroBob
01-27-2005, 10:39 PM
Oh goodie...I'll come back for your next Lock of the YEAR!!

Sounds like the 1-900 guys on those really bad weekend morning infomercial 'we pick 90% winners' shows.

How come it seems like all those guys have NY or NJ accents??

Michigan covered the +15.5 btw so I'm happy. They indeed slow the game down to keep it low-scoring...and thus, a little bit closer. But they were badly out-manned and I don't think I would make that bet again.

andrewbross
01-27-2005, 11:45 PM
Listeb Busster and Busterette, As I said I do this for a living I have a small but select group of customers who pay me a monthly fee plus a percentage of their winnings, I started in the business by working for one one of those scam 900 operations 4 years ago. I took my customers with me and started my own real business. Everything you think those guys do is true, they give out both sides of the game so they will have winners each night no matter what happens, they front load customers, hope to get hot and get as much money up front as possible and then eventually sometimes in days lose all their (customer's) money on one guranteed LOCK play. The proof is in the pudding I handicap all my ganes by actually playing out the game via a computer simulation. I run each of my pick's through 1000 simulations and when the computer outcome is significantly (3 or more points) different from the posted line I have a play. In the case of Pacific tonight my simulation shows Pacific winning this game by 7 points so I have a LOCK play. Of course there is no such thing as an absolute LOCK unless the game is fixed and as we all know that has happened in the past and will happen again in the future. I am the WORLD'S best handicapper, if you would like to hear more plus get the Super Bowl winner and total free of charge you can call me on my dime at 888-575-4433. There will be no spamm here just winners. As I am typing Pacific is up 15, so unless this turns out to be an Axel Freed special we all have a winner.

MCS
01-27-2005, 11:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The proof is in the pudding I handicap all my ganes by actually playing out the game via a computer simulation.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh. Well, in that case.

MicroBob
01-28-2005, 12:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Moderator(s) notified In a moment you will be automatically returned to the forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi.
Regardless of whether your intentions are semi-honorable or not you are spamming.
You are mentioning your business and you are hoping to bring in high-paying customers to your little sports-handicapping enterprise by coming on here and bragging about how successful you are.

If you think Pacific is a good bet for tonight, then great....discuss it.

But trying to solicit customers around here is NOT welcome so just stop.

scott8
01-28-2005, 01:03 AM
Tell him MicroBob!!

tech
01-28-2005, 01:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I am the WORLD'S best handicapper

[/ QUOTE ]

*yawn*

mr pink
01-28-2005, 01:45 AM
good pick, i was really considering this one but i bitched out at the last moment. had to watch the end of the game from the bar with a friend of mine who took michigan /images/graemlins/frown.gif.

peace - jeff

CCx
01-28-2005, 02:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Putting a small bet on a trend pick in Washington +4 at AZ, they are 6-0 ATS in their last 6 at AZ, and even though the game is on some SERIOUS triple revenge for AZ, Washington has a more talented team. Again, small bet for fun chasing a trend /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Lesson 1 - Dont chase trend after Coach Olson demanded Stoudamire to start scoring more, passing less

Lesson 2 - Dont play college bball picks until after ALL football is completed, this includes the Pro Bowl.

Lesson 3 - Report all spammers....thanks Bob!

MicroBob
01-28-2005, 03:36 AM
Part of the reason I issue the explanation in the thread itself (instead of just reporting him) is because our moderators sometimes do not act on threads like these (or are a bit slow to act) and I want to make sure that others understand that what he is doing is against the rules.
There are many lurkers as well as posters who simply might not know.

Afterall, those 1-900 guys who say "I win 90% of my games!!" really do get callers for $20-minute or whatever.

In the very least, I thought I was reasonably polite within my post.

As an example, I signed-up for rake-back under a spammer back before I understood that what they were doing was wrong.
Everyone just kept yelling at the poster to stop and I kept thinking "what...he seems okay to me."

I'm also willing to give posters the benefit of the doubt. If they didn't understand the rules then that's fine. I've found a couple of examples where I TRULY believe the poster didn't understand the rules and truly believed in their own excuse as to why mentioning rake-back or other spam in the post or thread like they did was okay.

this is why I am reasonably polite in such things and don't yell "you are worst kind of creature on the face of the earth!!" or something like that.

Anyway, this guy PM'ed me a rather nasty message about this.
Believe it or not it's officially the first truly negative 'you're an [censored]' type of PM I've ever received here...which is really incredible considering how opinionated I am.

For now I don't really feel like posting it...but I do mention it just in case there are others who are considering doing business with him...
you should be aware that the professional demeanor in his PM to me was not terribly high.

va_chier
01-28-2005, 07:10 AM
If you would bet on a team just because they went 6-0 ats I would strongly consider not betting on cbb because you will just lose money in the long run.

CCx
01-28-2005, 08:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If you would bet on a team just because they went 6-0 ats I would strongly consider not betting on cbb because you will just lose money in the long run.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the tip........I liked this particular trend so I put a small bet on it, no sweat. And my bankroll's just fine and has been for 5 years now, thanks /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

andrewbross
01-28-2005, 12:00 PM
The reason he's not posting my message to him is that he doesn't want it revealed that he was at the center of a scam to break Party Poker rules concerning the BBJ. Be forewarned that the next time he and ANY others participate in parallel activities they will be permanently banned from Party. Concerning ME, I have read and read the TOS on this site and I see nothing that prevents me from posting my phone number, point me to where if you are upset, Andrew, P.S. I have no strong plays for tonight but will have at least 2 LOCK games tomorrow which I will post by 11:00AM eastern time.

kyro
01-28-2005, 01:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The reason he's not posting my message to him is that he doesn't want it revealed that he was at the center of a scam to break Party Poker rules concerning the BBJ. Be forewarned that the next time he and ANY others participate in parallel activities they will be permanently banned from Party. Concerning ME, I have read and read the TOS on this site and I see nothing that prevents me from posting my phone number, point me to where if you are upset, Andrew, P.S. I have no strong plays for tonight but will have at least 2 LOCK games tomorrow which I will post by 11:00AM eastern time.

[/ QUOTE ]

awww microbob. he's so cute. can we keep him!?! PLEASE!!!! I promise to feed him and take him for his walks and love him FOREVER. until he gets hit by a car.

MicroBob
01-28-2005, 07:45 PM
This guy definitely rocks.

Actually, the reason I wasn't posting it was because I considered it reasonable etiquette.
But since he insists:

[ QUOTE ]
I know you are one of the biggest ASSHOLES on this site. All is you do is TROLL around looking for something for nothing. WELL, I gave you something for nothing tonight, I followed you and the other 50 or so who tried to scam Party on the BBJ by checking out all the flops for over 12 hours. You all were reported to Party by friends of mine and we are waiting for the next time you pull that scam cause we are going to laugh our heads off when you all get banned and the only way you will get back on is to buy new computers and I just know that will brak your cheap little heart. Do you really think I need the nickel and dime customers that I might get from soliciting here, I have movers that put 5 to 10 dimes on a game, my people had about 9 dimes on this little number tonight in fact I moved the line to 1 1/2 just from action I generated. So MICROBOB you cheap motherfucker I 'm on to you and will be sticking to you like tar on the sand.

[/ QUOTE ]

I certainly hope that anyone who is considering doing business with him will think twice about that based on his PM to me.

I'm not really sure what he's talking about regarding the BBJ.
A couple months ago I played on a 2+2'ers BBJ table when it was up to $400k. But that was only for a couple of hours and then I got bored. Certainly not for 12 hours.
On the most recent big BBJ (the one that hit $700k) I played mostly on the 15/30 and 5/10 BBJ tables. There were some other 2+2'ers who used a check-it-down strategy on another table and I participated in that thread (but not on the tables) and said I didn't think it was worth the time or effort.
I made it very clear in a couple different threads that I wouldn't be playing on the check-it-down tables because it just didn't seem worthwhile.

If he wants to turn me in for NOT playing on a check-it-down table then he's more than welcome. Additionally, since the 2+2'ers didn't hit it I don't think any of them would be in any trouble either, but what do I know.

I'm not sure why he would bother following a bunch of 2+2'ers around at various BBJ tables...but the idea of someone sitting there jotting down names or taking screen-shots to try to use as 'revenge' or 'motivation' at a later date strikes me as somewhat amusing.

But...if he did follow the check-it-downers around on the $700k JP, I unfortunately wasn't one of them (sorry).
But now I really wish I was. Oh well.

Have a nice day.

CCx
01-28-2005, 07:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
in fact I moved the line to 1 1/2 just from action I generated.

[/ QUOTE ]

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

<deep breath>

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

this is the internet at its finest right here

did anyone see the phoenix line move from -5.5 to -6 today? yea, i have $325 on it, *I* moved that sh<font color="red"></font><font color="black">it, ya hear?</font>